Eating At All Veg. Resaurant..Brar Buffet in Canada

Guest 2he2

I was In Canada over the Weekend, Coming from usa to Canada is like going to Punjab.. All you want do is eat all the punjabi meals you can.. I See Lots of Amritdhari eating at Brars Buffets.. they don't serve meat or alcohol .. I eat there and when i was coming out I see this guy smoking outside.. and I was thinking to myself now he is going to eat at this place touch the serving spoons..

You do have a valid point..whilst sochmata is quite important, every sikh should be trying his best to maintain sochamta.. but at the end you just hope for the best in this case and move on instead of dwelling into it too much as i think its directly related to perception of an individual.

If one perception is attached with this thought- oh my gosh, food or utensils are not socha then it just might effect you and will effect you and you better off just cooking and eating at home. But if my perception or dristhi kaun is not attached with this thought but rather my perception is "gurbani purifies everything" and with that faith and conviction if one recites shalok such as- Gurparsad bhram ka nash and others from gurbani then suchamta aspect does not effect that individual ...these things are relative in sikhi as it depends on individual perception and avastha. I meant people need to understand bigger picture and other aspect ..which relates to faith in gurbani and reciting gurbani with full faith. Gurbani has full power to bring dead person to life so off course it has power depending on your faith to turn impure food/utensil to pure food/utensil.. at the end of day, it depends on your perception and faith and sharda in gurbani...!!!!!!!!!

I think it all depends on you. My massi ji is a chardikala Gursikh and always recites bani while making food. Most amazing Chitay Sholay Sabjee EVER!!

Dass has recently started to refrain from eating out, trying to eat only food prepared at home or by family members. Not all of them are gursikh but we don't eat meat or alcohol or anything and to be honest I feel like it does change things.

I've just started this so I'm not too sure exactly what it is. For one thing my wallets getting a bit thicker, and my stomach is thinning out a bit :)

I'm not gunna starve myself and never eat out. Social situations and life can sometimes force it upon you. But whatever keeps your Sikhi stable and growing at the end of the day is what's important.

Dass

P.S. This line of gurbani came to Dass's mind when he listened to OP.

rYix gvweI soie kY idvsu gvwieAw Kwie ]

rain gavaaee soe kai dhivas gavaaeiaa khaae ||

The nights are wasted sleeping, and the days are wasted eating.

Not to cause offense, but as we should see this world as illusionary, stuff like food doesn't matter from that perspective. So if food from home and outside tastes the same, and there is potential dangers in eating out and gains to be eating from the home. It kinda makes the whole eating out thing moot.

But there are some awesome places in toronto. Khalsa Pizza! Bibeki pizza! Amazing!

Does it matter what the person has touched as long as they have washed their hands before touching utensils etc..?

I mean the person may well have gone to the toilet and would have to hold his ding ling in order to aim away from his legs or he may have washed his pet dog's privates before coming to the eaterie!!!

It really doesn't matter does it as long as his hands have been washed after the act !!

But there are some awesome places in toronto. Khalsa Pizza! Bibeki pizza! Amazing!

I love their pizza!Sanji Rasoi make awesome food as well and it pure veggie with an amritdhari owner.Its in the same parking lot as saucha sauda.I eat from there about every three weeks.

Personally i believe that no matter how much you wash something, it isn't entireley sucha, that is why nihan singhs and strict singhs only eat and drink in steel and from keshadharis because it is in the properties of china and glass products that they will never be clean. Steel is, but if a druggy has toched it, i would cleanse it in soda then use sand. I actually keep my own untensils with me, makes life a lot easier (just stating-no hankaar whatsoever).