Where can I learn more about current day issues of politics in sikhism

Beard

To be honest, I don't know much at all about different sects, the akhand kirtani jatha, nirankaris, etc. Or organizations like Dal Khalsa, Babbar khalsa.

I want to educate myself further on the current issues and divides in our religion, their purposes, people, leaders, acts, etc. I'm still young, but as I'm growing older, I keep hearing these names often, I just want to be objectively educated on everything, with no bias.

Read. Read. And read some more...

Basically you need to know your Sikh history from a variety of sources and books are your best bet. When you start off you need to go to books and not the internet, although the net is a great resource, you need to know where to look and what to trust. Go to your local Gurudwara library and read froma variety of authors who have written over the last century. Eventually you will notice some contradictions, some bias, some lacking primary source referencing etc. This starting point will make your mind more curious and you will naturally seek and source out more information. Read about the Singh Sabha movement in detail at some stage once the background knowledge is in place.

i would start with history of the sikhs by kushwant singh and Max Arthur Macauliffe's books. my favourite books

you need to watch out of personal agendas that authors hold, i.e. hindu orientated, british sponsored, etc..

in the end, you have to read both sides and make up your own educated opinion...

don't believe anyone, do your own research..go for the old books...

i would start with history of the sikhs by kushwant singh and Max Arthur Macauliffe's books. my favourite books

you need to watch out of personal agendas that authors hold, i.e. hindu orientated, british sponsored, etc..

in the end, you have to read both sides and make up your own educated opinion...

don't believe anyone, do your own research..go for the old books...

Old books, news papers etc. Pictures etc. but I wouldn't trust Khuswant Singh as far as I can see and that isn't very much but still I wouldn't trust him with my life!

If u can read punjabi, read Te Diva Jagda Rehega, for a sikh perspective on the post 1984 khardku lehar

Also read Bhai Randhir Singh's autobiography

and sikh history from outsiders like the Gallant Defender and like the others mentioned Macauliffe's books

i think panthic.org has current situation on punjab politics.

also read the book that has a collection of Sant Jarnail Singh's speeches, it's in english, and that's where i learned about the dharam yudh morcha, snipers attacking harminder sahib etc...