Archery

Singh1234567 paaji, reminded me of Archery in another post. I used to love doing it every Sunday at my local class. Do many of you brothers and sisters partake? Do you have an interest in it? Whats your general thoughts about it?

I've always felt that £600 upwards + extra's is quite steep a price to have to shell out for a compound bow + accessories.

Yeah I used to love it too. The only thing I did not like about the class I attended was the amount of people that we're there and the way they would hustle for spots that would nearly always go to the inner circle of the competitive archers within the club. That said it was always worth putting up with the cold Autumn and Winter mornings, just to hit the sweet spot on that target ;-)

Unfortunately I don't have any equipment anymore.

Love archery ! Guru Gobind Singh ji's favourite weapon of choice!

you can pickup some bows relatively cheap starting around £70 quid (recurve) - get a sight for around £5 - arrows around £5-7 each (cheaper if you make them yourselves around £2.50 each for aluminium ones)

some info I found interesting - the composite bows that Guru Gobind Singh ji would have used were around 150pounds upto 220 pounds - which you need to have some serious pulling power to shoot

and they would have pulled back with the thumb using a thumb ring, rather then fingers.

5-3.jpg

this is my stealth black compound bow that requires 50 pounds of pressure to pull.

459475_418336414879307_1817152210_o.jpg