Congrats to Tulsi Gabbard for staying true to her dharam, taking oath swearing on bhagvad gita

N30S1NGH

Great role model in words and actions thus far! I wish her well in her new position. Thanks for sharing. Its just a shame you had to add the negative bits about nikki haley and demonizing / villifying non amritdharis to something positive. FYI - There is nothing to patch up between amritdharis and non-amritdhari or monay and keshdharis. This kind of chat just causes problems when there actually are non in the first place!

Sorry singh, i don't meant to sound negative but my post was meant for improvements on all fronts. It just hurts when apni kuriya are not proud of who they are and are dealing with all sort of inferiority complex/identity crisis issues. The problem is much deeper on both sides with our parchar as well our kuriyas dealing with inferiority complex and identity crisis. The day we "think" - everything is fine in the panth, the day we actually stop "improving" as we go back on reactive mode and stop learning than being in natural pro-active/learning mode. There are always room for improvement for personal sikhi, panth status, parchar but at the same time we want to have right balance, we shouldnt bring the morale down as well for those who are working hard in parchar... if my previous post didn't do that, if it did, i apologize..!!

There was actually a Muslim congressman (maybe senator) who was the first elected govt. official in America, to not take the oath of office using a bible. He used a Koran.

What if a Sikh is elected? What would be the proper way of taking an oath using GGS? Would it be carried to Capital Hill by 5 Singhs?