The Kundalini Yoga crew do it again ! Dancing to Bani !

Sevadar01

Shri Guru Granth Sahib instructs us (Ang 158-159, English translation):

The fools perform devotional worship by showing off,

they dance and dance and jump all around they only suffer in terrible pain,

by dancing, and jumping, devotional worship is not performed,

but one who dies (gets rid of ego) in word of the Sabad , obtains devotional worship.

Here is my personal take on it -

As long as -sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj saroop is not present and as long as- natural spiritual trance/vibrations come out "naturally" in form of movements/dancing from gurbani sung in western style and as long as - they don't make this as daily habit as gurmat is vismaad but also sehaj marg is all about striking a right balance.....i don't see any harm..if it helps them connect to divine through..thats fine...we need small doses/flavour of sufi sikhi in the panth (as its always been there- udasi, nanaksar, sevapanthis), as well to balance things- too much fascism not enough love..!!

Here is my personal take on it -
As long as -sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj saroop is not present and as long as- natural spiritual trance/vibrations come out "naturally" in form of movements/dancing from gurbani sung in western style and as long as - they don't make this as daily habit as gurmat is vismaad but also sehaj marg is all about striking a right balance.....i don't see any harm..if it helps them connect to divine through..thats fine...we need small doses/flavour of sufi sikhi in the panth (as its always been there- udasi, nanaksar, sevapanthis), as well to balance things- too much fascism not enough love..!!

Paa Ji, i am not making any personal assumptions but just trying to go by what maharaj says. Wouldn't you agree that as soon as we start having our personal view then that is classified as maanmath ?

See things in context, it be much better..there are gurbani tuks talks about vismaad and sehaj avastha.

Who can define vismaad avastha in personal life? are they any boundaries? only premi and vahiguroo knows..!!

In Sikhi, vismaad and Sehaj avastha are both blended.

Do search on youtube on samagams--

how's their vismaad movements any different than one above? only one is sitting- vismaad is sprouting out in form of movement - perceived as dancing to a naked eye and other one is standing vismaad is sprouting out in form of movement-perceived as dancing to an naked eye..!!

How one is acceptable in the panth, among youths and other one is not??

Each to their own, live and let live..!!

To be honest i dont really care about the dancing. They could have just had the instrumental on, but having the Bani in there is a no no. Shouldn't we ben trying to follow the teachigs of Shri Guru Granth Shaib Ji Maharaj and take maharaj's advice on this topic ?

May be i have missed something but does maharaj say anything that justifies pysical dancing ?

From the looks of the video, they may be influenced by hippism which is contary to gurmat but its hard to tell as we cannot judge book by its cover..off course we should and must take maharaj's advise on it as maharaj talks about vismaad and sehaj avastha..look into deeper implications of vismaad and sehaj avastha...do your own search...english translations are just futile does not do justice.