The Kundalini Yoga crew do it again ! Dancing to Bani !

Sevadar01

personally i could not give too s''ts wots others doo.. if a person wears a white turban does not automatically make him a sikh.. now.. if mahahraj was present then i would have a different view...they aint doing nothing wrong in that respect...

saying that i think the original poster should take more concern with this..in front of maharaj...

They seem to travel very closely to the edge by making sure that gurgranth sahib ji is not present.

However, we must not forget that bani is guru and guru is bani.

In guru ji's presence it is forbidden to mix/change/tamper with any words from gurbani, as this is classed as kachi bani.

Even adding bollywood tunes and repeating unneccessary words from bani makes it kachi.

However, ther is no hard rule for doing kachi outside the darbar or even doing it standing up and adding the slurs you get from dhadies !

But to do that sat down in the presence of guru granth sahib ji is strictly forbidden.

3HO seem to be careful to not cross the line and therefore take it a step further outside the darbar by adding their dancing !

Yes, I agree that there is nothing strictly wrong with this like Neo ji has mentioned,- BUT, let's not forget that 'bani is guru and guru is bani'

If they were to bear this in mind and loved this true essence of bani, then I'm sure they would feel it innapropriate to mix it with dance tunes and then dance.

Shri Guru Granth Sahib instructs us (Ang 158-159, English translation):

The fools perform devotional worship by showing off,

they dance and dance and jump all around they only suffer in terrible pain,

by dancing, and jumping, devotional worship is not performed,

but one who dies (gets rid of ego) in word of the Sabad , obtains devotional worship

The above was presented earlier and the translation hold true to the Gurbani.

The fool is not performing Bhagat (devotional worship/religious conduct/ spiritual conduct) but is showing off.
Dancing, Dancing, and jumping around a lot of pain takes place.
I know a few will think.............wait a minute Satguru is refering to JUST the mind as dancing and jumping around and not the body. Sorry good friends, but search the word bhagat up and you will understand that Satguru is speaking about the body AND mind. Gurmat speaks of inwardly pure and outwardly pure and not one over the other......Sri Anand Sahib. Hence this shabad is speaking about both. The fools mind is dancing and this causes the fool's body to dance and jump around.
By dancing and jumping around bhagat(devotional worship/religious conduct/spiritual conduct/ ) is not performed.
Your mind is not in love with the Shabad, so your body dances and jumps around, where you are not practicing devotional worship/ religious conduct/spiritual conduct.
Who dies with the Shabad (Gurbani on tongue, lips, mind, and deed) is performing bhagat (devotional worship/religious conduct/spiritual conduct).

Let's put it another way, if the mind did not dance and jump around, then would the body dance and jump around? And the answer is a big fat NO!!!!!! Either way it is put, dancing and jumping around comes out as a negative/wrong action.

Blue Space veer ji,

1. This topic is not about the AKJ's so what ever personal beef you have take it up on the neccassary post. (Even though i agree that their is no excuse for rubbing up men and having your distar coming off your head as a result of head movement)

2. No where in history have heard or seen anyone dancing around and putting a trance remix to Bani.

3. ISN'T MAHARAJ ALWAYS PRESENT WITH US AND WATCHING OUR ACTIONS ????

personally i could not give too s''ts wots others doo.. if a person wears a white turban does not automatically make him a sikh.. now.. if mahahraj was present then i would have a different view...they aint doing nothing wrong in that respect...

saying that i think the original poster should take more concern with this..in front of maharaj...

Sat Nam Dear Sangat,

My name is Benjahmin and it is my voice you can hear speaking over the microphone. It has come to my attention that our actions within this video has upset some of you. Firstly, I an I would like to say that not one of you were actually present and has no idea of the circumstances and nature of the event. So many of your comments have fallen instantly into full blown judgement and quotation of the scriptures to back up your lack of mindfulness.

The event was a New Years Eve celebration at the end of a 10 months course of becoming a Kundalini Yoga teacher. The celebration was for around 2 1/2 hours and finished at 1am. No drugs or alcohol was present. We had practiced yoga all day whilst partaking in a vegetarian diet. We all went to bed and were up at 4.30am in the Amrit Vela to greet the New Year in the same space to practice yoga and chant the Naam in the true essence of devotional practice for 2 1/2 hours.

So the judgement from you all about being hippies and flower power is totally ludicrous and out of order. We are dedicated individuals to the Creator and express this in the way that is conscious and uplifting to the Sangat we serve. Just because we are not official SIkhs gives you no right to judge us. The Gurus word does not belong to Sikhs. It belongs to the Guru as it is the Guru itself which is Infinite, Formless and can be chanted by any tongue. We do not have the SGGS present as are aware of the total respect that this deserves. Are you telling me someone cant chant Japji without taking Amrit??

I an I used to dance years ago when unconscious in my younger years whilst under the intoxication of drugs to the same kind of music. The feeling we received from dancing this way was UTTERLY different. It was centred, devotional, conscious and present in the form of a Celebration of the Divine within through the medium of dance. As none of you were present you have no concept of the experience. Everyone present commented on how the mantras and words chanted over the music gave them a feeling of centredness and being whole. Rather than intoxicated and the mind drifting off away from the True Self that the Gurus word brings.

Another vital point to cover concerning the Kundalini Yoga community which Yogi Bhajan created is that this kind of event raises awareness of the Shabd Guru and Sikh Dharma and Sikhism in a very subtle form. Some may be lead to the full blown acceptance of themselves as a Sikh through these introduction of the Gurus word.

Ok.... It is not in the space of the SGGS and the traditional way but the Western mindset sometimes needs an introduction to the Shabd Guru in a way it can understand. From that, people can then make a choice to lead further into the chosen devotional path. To be Militant and Fundamentalist about the whole thing is extremely narrow minded and will actually repel the individual from possibly becoming Sikh. Putting up videos of Snatam Kaur as "Heres another One" is quite ignorant. She has brought thousands upon thousands to the Gurus word which has lead them to become fully embrace Sikhism. So you viewpoints are so limited without the knowledge to substantiate your narrow minded stance. How many have you brough to Sikhism?? As many as her? I an I sincerely doubt it.

It is time to drop this fundamentalistic mindset and ALLOW people to express themselves in way that will bring people to the Creators Will and then bow before it in whatever way the Creator sees fit. As long as it is conscious.

I an I am not saying we do not need guidance from yourselves to the true teachings of Sikhism but we do not need threats and judgement as if we are fools who do not know what we are doing. We know exactly what we are doing are fully aware of the essence we share in this video is not perfectly aligned to the official Sikh protocol. However, it is uplifting, conscious and totally aligned to the expression of the One which exists within us all. You cannot stop us from dancing and celebrating the beauty of life (especially as it was New Year) and feeling the beauty of the Shabd Guru from our tongues in celebration of Life at a time when it is a natural part of the cycle of life. It was a One off celebration and we do not promote it as Sikhism.

In the Name of the Almighty Creator.

Blessings to One and All and please accept our humblest standing in if this video has caused you any offence.

Wholly Love and Tender Blessings

Benjahmin

AKJ Jathedars are trying to address the problem in the jatha regarding the above videoed disrespect in Darbar Sahib. AKJ leaders see this as a wrong and don't agree with such behaviour. If some AKJ leaders or members see this as correct behaviour then they also need to be addressed.

There is *NO* public statement condemning this. Onus is on them to come up public statement condemning it.

Dancing in darbar- In samagam video, movements sprouting out in form of dancing while sitting, all kind of movements are shown, and this is happening right infront of sargun saroop of sri guru granth sahib ji.

Dancing outside darbar- above video, dancing to gurbani being sung outside of darbar where there is no sargun saroop of sri guru granth sahib ji.

I am sorry its pretty common sense, sikhs are more and should be more concerned and offended for 1st beadhi happening at dancing in darbar in the akj samagam than 2nd one..surely 2nd one (if its deemed full beadhi by the panth) then should be addressed as well but lets focus on where sri guru granth sahib ji is present..not sure why people cannot see that...may be individual should leave their tribal attachment from it and see things from eagle eye perhaps?..!!