Damascus Kirpan

singh245

Relax people!!!

On a different note...Do you make leather sheaths?How sharp are your blades?

leather is not recommended but can be made if you want, leather attracts moisture and can cause rust if left in sheath for long period of time.If you are someone who oils and maintains his weapons on regular basis like a responsible owner then it would be ok. Alot of ppl dont do that. blades are extremely sharp. i will be posting a series of video's demonstrating strength sharpness and durability of these kirpans like cold steel does :biggrin2:

can a newbie like this das , forge anything at home? will all the arrangements be expensive?

Bro... can be done but it is super labor and time intensive... to do crucible steel. But yes it can be done in your back yard. arrangements fairly cheap. below is a step up, but damn no one answers any of my questions ppl just want answers to their own.

can a newbie like this das , forge anything at home? will all the arrangements be expensive?

I remember when I started...I had made a forge out of bricks and my anvil was a cement brick.Much more hard labor.I bought an anvil and it my life much easier.

Go to your local scraps yard and flea markets to find an anvil or an anvil shaped object(aso).

I prefer the one on the right. I think the left one would be too loose ( the kirpan would slide side to side). The one on the right also hs room over the rivits for filigree - thin sheet Damascus with a nice pattern would look very nice. Just my opinion

Thank you for thoughts, i agree the one on the right is more pleasing to look at. but my only concern is would ppl accept this style for an everyday kirpan. Part of their 5 ks.

That's a question I can't answer (I'm only holding by 4Ks at the moment) -- you would have to ask someone who wears Kirpan every day.

(From a martial arts POV I find wearing a knife on a gatra less than optimal - and your design is based on being attached to a gatra - but that's a different question alltogether)

That's a question I can't answer (I'm only holding by 4Ks at the moment) -- you would have to ask someone who wears Kirpan every day.

(From a martial arts POV I find wearing a knife on a gatra less than optimal - and your design is based on being attached to a gatra - but that's a different question alltogether)

5ks is a must.Not an option.Mandatory it is.

We need better style Kirpans which are actually usable and more reliable.