Difference between Ik Onkar and AUM

very good and deep topic

Here is my reseach based on research of old traditional gurmat approach. This approach does not take sanctity/deep theological meaning away from OM of hindu dharam or demean OM in anyway yet it will still maintain Ikongkar explain vahiguroo characteristic fully and is full mantra and provides full profound expereince of Vahiguroo ji both sargun and nirgun form.

First look at the similiarilities between ong/ongkar and om in fact ong and om are one and same its only nasal sound difference:

OM denotes rajo, tamo, sato- ard bindu- turiya avastha

Ong denotes rajo, tamo, sato - ardh bindu- turiya avastha

Om denotes bhram, vishnu, shiv

Ong denotes bhram, vishnu, shiv (Ie Ongkar Bhrama Utpat || Jaap sahib)

From Om dhuni then whole world came-

From Ong(nasal sound difference between Ong and Om) whole world came-

Pirthame On(g)kar So Dhun Poran Jagat Mae Raha ||

Fist ongkar was recited and that resosance created world and give nourishment to this world. (Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Dasam Granth Sahib)

Now differences between Om and Ikongkar

OM mantar itself only talks about sargun, only ardh bindu in aum symbol gives indication of turiya avastha- awake thoughtless consciousness (chaitan) but does not explain intertwine relationship between nirgun and sargun

Whereas Ikongkar explains the full intertwine relationship between nirgun and sargun, it starts from nirgun immanent to sargun and then fold back itself in nirgun

Ik- Indicates Nirgun form/state of Vahiguroo. Vahiguroo is ONE no two only non dual ONE IK ...Ik advait chaitan bhram (Vahiguroo is one non dual supreme consciousness)

Ong- indicates sargun attributes(rajo, tamo, sato) immanent itself from shabad/creation... nirgun Vahiguroo roop

Kar (ardh bindu) - Kar intertwines/connects/bridge both sargun and nirgun state of Vahiguroo as ONE non dual/advait supreme consciouness- sargun is nirgun, nirgun is sargun- there is no difference....!!!!!!!!!

Hence, Ikongkar bij mantra provides full profound advait ekta of sargun nirgun of Vahiguroo whereas OM mantra falls slightly short providing seeker with full divine experience of intertwine harmonized/non dual relationship between sargun and nirgun form of Vahiguroo but with that being said, those who have recites om with full sharda/prem, will eventually perceive tat gyan of om mantra- turiya state- awaken thoughtless supreme consciousness state, they will eventually also reach enlightened/turiya state, as long one is connected to one aspect* especially if they are connected with supreme consciousness state of vahiguroo is one with Vahiguroo.

• 2 weeks later...

N30 you could really do with going and studying and being taught by Sant Harokavalieh because you have a passion for knowlede but you are just self taught and the true undisputed champion forum Guru.

Paarbrahm Parmeswar is not rajo tamo sato in nirgun swaroop since these three modes are of maya - raj gun tam gun satgun kahieh eh sabh teree maya Sri Guru Granth Sahib. When on vacation leave you laptop and tablet behind and just take Gutka Sahib and Senchi Pehli with you, trust me it will do you some good. Because if i ever see you i will want to do vidvaan charcha with you and trust m,e you gonna get some real beating whislt you say one minute phaji let me look at my Sikh Sangat?Awareness links

LOL :biggrin2: