I have something to say.

Guest AnonymousSingh

Guest AnonymousSingh

Help you all Sikh Sangat members!

I havent forgotten about this thread I will reply soon but I am very busy with highschool

I will reply to everyones response!

Thank you very much!

~annoymous singh

Guest AnonymousSingh

The way u have written - I must say its so cute :glomp:

People on this forum have one bad habit.... mostly are grown ups dont understand the feeling of teenagers .. come here explain few things in high level contradictory words n will make a mess out of ur situations.. hehehehheh

I am not saying i am right... but what i have seen in practical.... To follow sikhi u need to have luv for it... n sikhi is not about just keeping hair and not eating meat....

U said u explore about sikhi on internet right...

First give some time to sikhi... read more about it.. read more about the lifes of our Gurus and read about some other well known religion of this world... compare it with urs...

If u will move for all the religions then u will end up creating ur own :p

U need to think logical... dont just follow what is written in all the Granths n bibles... apply ur logic.. n think what is correct.. u r young enough to judge though.. but u urself can make urself to fall in luv with Guru...

U are at a age where u need concrete answers to ur questions.. only u urself can sort out ur query.. coz of internet everything is easy... just explore.. n think what u need..

Our parent will do 1000 mistakes in their life but will expect their children to not to do one.... so lead ur life the way u want to... The early u understand the good n bad the better u will be.... :)

Thank you Gurpreet! I want to lead my life my own way, I think I'vebecome mature enough to choose my own decisions surrounding my life.

I've been exposed to so much with the internet.. I'm starting to think ignorance is bliss if you understand what I'm saying. Your post made me

smile in my hard times... Thank you :)

Anonymous Singh, that is someone's personal opinion and we respect it, however, Gurbani repeatedly states to follow Guru Sahib's Hukam and live life His way under His Will. It also says that logic or cleverness will not be approved in Dargah, only true and innocent love out of unconditional and selfless surrender is approved there.

Just yesterday an American friend of mine said "God doesn't need to be on your side, you need to be on His side".

Could you bring out quotes where it talks about logic and cleverness?

WJKKWJKKF. Sikhi isn't about forcing someone to follow it. But when I hear or read something along this storyline-of adopting other religions or breaking away from Sikhi, I feel like I have just lost something most valued from me. It is a strange feeling as if it hurts me, even though I have absolutely no clue who you are but I feel like you are part of us and we are going to lose you. I am not lying that is exactly how i feel. Sikhi is a different path, no ormal religion. The most shaheedis, the most love, the easiest and the most equality that you will find no where else i can assure you of that. you are so young yet you need to make a connection with bani and gurus and great sikhs and feel part of the family, Guru Gobind Singh ji will want to see you as their own son so don't let them down. I beg you, look at the great gursikhs that died for us, just once with love and pyar. Think Bhai Taru Singh ji is your dad, your family, think of the emotional hurricanes that came and wanted to finnish off our roots and the mughals torturing us. It doesn't seem real because it is unimaginable and so extreme the amount of things we have come through. you are a petal of the flower and you belong to us, and I can prove yuo that because you are born into a sikh family. yes 'sikh' family, you would have done good karams in a past reincarnated life in order to be born Sikh, you are lucky. Don't take it for granted grow close to sikhi and believe that it is more than just a set of rules BTW 'ignornce is bliss' in the terms of other religions like muslims/hinduism etc. I am by no means biased however i can definately not encourage you to break away from your rooots where God wanted you to be. Going gainst skhi-for you- will be giong against gods will. take it easy, keep yoursef occupied, learn more and then come on this forum to thank my wonderful inspiring post :)

I can't seem to be happy about this post. Why are there so many religions? You say Sikhi is different but isnt there one God.. How is our God different from anothers "one God" The connection with me and Sikhi can be beautiful.. I feel apart of something when im with other Sikhs I feel happier with a group.. All of us just want to belong. Why do you say I was reincarnated into a Sikh.. So are those other people born into religions nothing? I have great respect for Sikhi history.. we are strong people indeed and I do agree with you with sikhism being most easy and equal... BUT WHY must I abide myself to a religion and divide myself.. When I look at a non-sikh I look at the reflection of my brother or sister not a muslim.. christian or hindu etc. I can't keep myself occupied.. I am alone at home for hours at a time with nothing.. I sit here depressed thinking about my life and actions.

OFF TOPIC but It breaks my heart... Why did Guru Nanak create another religion.. HE CLEARLY SAYS "There is neither Hindu nor Mussulman (Muslim) so whose path shall I

follow? I shall follow God's path. God is neither Hindu nor Mussulman and the path which I follow is God's." if he sees these two religions fighting and saying one is better than the other and then create his own.. sometimes I wish I could meet Guru Nanak in the flesh and talk to him. I have loads of respect for Shri Guru Nanak Ji.. He was a man of his time.. was his full intentions to create Sikhism? Sometimes I feel that weren't his full intentions.

More responses as my time frees up.. I hope by the end of this you adults can walk in my shoes and see what I see.. That's what I am trying to describe.

Your issue lies in your perception of what Sikhi is. You perceive it as an ideology which you cannot be convinced to buy into.

Sikhi is a way of life, a practical set of principles of how to lead your jeevan which collectively contribute to a better quality of life for you and yours. I see you keep your hair, but how is your rehat? How’s your amritvela? How often do you visit your local Gurdwara? Have you fully committed to Sikhi before coming to the conclusion that it isn’t for you?

Let’s put the corruption in religion back on the shelf and look at your self – are you clean on the inside? You have a go at your parents offering you meat but then you admit you do eat it? Is that a moral Sikhi has taught you? It’s easy to find faults in others.

You talk about not wanting to be stereotyped. Choosing not to follow a religion won’t change the colour of your skin so you’ll always be associated with being an Asian.

‘My views are kinda of like Bhagat Singh’ this is a little dramatic, are you a freedom fighter who can’t believe a God would let his country and countrymen be ruled by such an evil and brutal regime?

No hard feelings brother, but sooner you realise Sikhi doesn’t owe you an explanation or needs to prove itself worthy of your praise/belief, the quicker you can move on.

You need it.