HELP

The picture I posted is from the 1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre in Beijing where 40,000 soldiers of the 27th Peoples Liberation Army moved into China's capital with orders to crush demonstrations by students and workers, to end their demands for political change.

The iconic picture itself is of an unidentified lone protester standing before a line of tanks. He is known to have stood there, fearlessly, for half an hour. Some time ago, I read that Time Magazine dubbed him "The Unknown Rebel" and later named him one of the "100 Most Influential People of the 20th Century".

To me, the picture represents many qualities that a Gursikh should embody: the willingness to sacrifice oneself to uphold principles, the resolve to never be scared into backing down from what's right, the determination to stand against oppression and suppression and obliteration. Freedom of speech, the freedom to protest, FREEDOM in general. If you read up on the history behind the massacre and on the picture, I'm sure you'll have a million words to describe it and what it means to you.

the picture i posted shows a Gursikh dastaar-wearing woman who is disturbed and frustrated, as suggested by her posture and the stare in her eyes. She wears the shawl of "political propaganda" placed on her by politicians, so as to say that women are forcefully presented with fake honours and freedoms that don't really exist - and only last as long as it takes for the stinky breath of the politician to evaporate as he/she says the lies from his/her mouth. They are covered by it - not to keep them warm and shelter them, but to make the facade of a "we care for women" policy which they really get nothing out of it as a whole group, or their voice is not heard to elect their representative. I'm sure if rehitdharee amritdharee Khalsa women had a choice for a woman SGPC president it would not be Bibi Jagir Kaur, seeing as how she is the cheif suspect in her daughter's and son-in-law's caste-motivated murder. Furthermore, the tape of "SGPC" is over her mouth because women (and sikhs in general) are branded as PROPERTY OF SGPC and cannot speak but have to advocate what SGPC says, whereas SGPC has absolutely zero authority over anybody in the Khalsa panth, and we do not have to listen to them for one minute - Only Guru Granth Sahib and the Guru Khalsa Panth itself have authority over the Guru Khalsa Panth. And even if we need a place to officialize rules, it is not SGPC, but Akal Takhat. Therefore this drawing is a protest on SGPC and Badal's unwarranted control of Sikh women and Sikhs in general.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaaaa

vaaaaaaaheguroojeekeefathehhh!!!!!!!!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa wahegruu jiki fatehh

WOW! ^_^

ah im gona get an A in this project heheheh tongue.gif (jk)

thats besides the point, the description is amazing..touching...(really what my teacher wanted us to explore..power of visual/image(art)..how it impacts us,and bring the self awareness,idently(with in us/reflects us))

(arrgji m always in hurry..got to run will write more.)

so more imagez/pictures..it be awesome to learn, hear everyones views(and see how different e are but yet th same)confused? :lol: rolleyes.gif

gota run

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh