I wish she had a head of a pig....

A story with a moral:

A poor young wife was collecting firewood in the forest, she was simple and devout and prayed and prayed to her god to give her better days, suddenly she was blessed with a vision and her god said 'Dear child you and your family have been granted with 3 wishes'. She was so happy she said 'I want fine royal clothes and golden jewellery, so I too look like a princess'. She was magically transformed. She was overjoyed and ran happily home, but as she was going down the path the evil prince rode by, he'd been hunting in the forest he whisked up the young wife and said 'I've made a good catch today - this beautiful princess will be my bride'. So he rode off with her to the palace. When the husband found out his wife had been kidnapped he was full of rage, but being poor there was no-one who would listen to his pleas for the safe return of his wife. Giving up hope of ever seeing her again he said 'If I cant see her beautful face then no-one should, I wish she had the head of a pig'. In the palace the prince had taken his new princess to his bedroom and was leaning over to kiss her when her head turned into a pig's snout, she oinked, he jumped back and called the guards to get rid of such a nasty beast. The guards dumped her in the forest. He young son was playing nearby and she hugged him and convinced him she was his mother even though she had a pigs' head. In his innocence he said 'I wish my mum looked like she did before.' And she was transformed back to a poor young wife with ragged clothes and no jewellery and no pig's head.

Moral : Be careful of what you are striving for in life,

it may not bring happiness and you may spend just as much effort getting out of the mess as you did getting into it. There's only one true wish and that is :

'Visar Nahee Datar Apanay Nam Deho

Gun gava din raat Nanak chao eho'

Forget Me not O Giver, Give me your Name

May I sing Your praises day and night, this is Nanak's desire

pray.gif