I would really like to know if anyone else feels this about gursikhs

Guest gupt

My god! This has been on my mind for the last few months! I can't believe somebody else understands how I feel. Upon realising this reality, I got very disheartened and went away from sangat. I do go now and again but I try not to talk to anyone. The sickly feeling is always in my stomach.

Guest first poster

Actually, there is no use in complaining. I have felt so down about this for a while. But, how does one get past this? The big play that Sikhi has become for the youth? The only thing I can think is to isolate yourself to avoid being a part of it.

Its me again the one who started the topic.

I would say isolating oneself is not the solution, though I myself don't mix with alot of sangat after programs, this is something I wish to work on. I would say just carry on going about trying to spread your own take on things, without being changed or changing yourself. that and pray hard lol.

Anyway, it gives me hope that other people also see what is happening, Stay strong and hang in there my kindred spirits!

Personally, I can think of one thing I am going to work on for myself- try to project more positivity. People tell me that I give off a very serious vibe and that my expression is quite serious. Seeing as I wish to encourage more love and sweetness within the sangat, I will try to ensure I am smiling more and projecting the inner love I am feeling, outside. Basically, modelling what I would like to see in others, while being true to myself.

Actually, there is no use in complaining. I have felt so down about this for a while. But, how does one get past this? The big play that Sikhi has become for the youth? The only thing I can think is to isolate yourself to avoid being a part of it.

No, don't isolate. Always desire to be part of the sangat, but refrain from being assimilated into those little ego-filled, chattering cliques where such activities fester and develop. Be strong.

Guest singh

i would like to ask anyone of you, are you perfect? do you expect everyone to be bhramgyanis that have perfect jeevans? dont feel low just because the gursikhs you know have a fault in them, taking amrit doesnt make you mukht, it is only the first step, look within yourselves before criticising others.

Guest Guest

ਕੋਟਿ ਮਧੇ ਕੋ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਹੋਰਿ ਸਗਲੇ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥(SGGS jeeo - Ang 495)

ਕੋਟਿ = ਕ੍ਰੋੜਾਂ। ਮਧੇ = ਵਿਚ। ਹੋਰਿ = {ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਹੋਰ' ਤੋਂ ਬਹੁ-ਵਚਨ}। ਬਿਉਹਾਰੀ = ਵਪਾਰੀ, ਸੌਦੇ-ਬਾਜ਼, ਮਤਲਬੀ ॥੧॥

(ਮੈਂ ਵੇਖਦਾ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ) ਕ੍ਰੋੜਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਤੇਰਾ ਸੱਚਾ) ਭਗਤ ਹੈ (ਦੁਰਮਤ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ) ਹੋਰ ਸਾਰੇ ਮਤਲਬੀ ਹੀ ਹਨ (ਆਪਣੇ ਮਤਲਬ ਦੀ ਖ਼ਾਤਰ ਵੇਖਣ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਕੰਮ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ) ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ॥

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some words of wisdom from Giani ji -

"If you can't find a Gursikh then you should make and become one !