things to consider when wearing guru jis bana

HonorTheSangat

Guest Waheguru

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veere; I think it's so beautiful to see a Gursikh take the Bana so seriously - such an inspiration. I don't know the 'right' answer only Satguru knows- though I'll just share my thoughts.

Guru Ji's kirpa I too stay in Bana and I think like you said because most of us don't know the Rehat Maryada behind the Bana it's great if we could make our own rules up. So having that said I just like to consider anything and everything that our Rehat tells us to do and not do - stick to it. So for example; if Satguru tells us to get up for Amritvela - then we should use the Bana as a tool to remind us/kick us when we feel like "having a lie in", another example when our mind wanders into the dark forest of Kaam/Krodh.Lobh/Moh/Ahankaar we should use the Bana as a torch and use Gurbani and Naam Simran as our trail back out of the woods.

Another aspect we should consider is how we behave; when in Bana other people, especially children will want to 'be just lke us' (whether we are worthy of this; only we and Satguru knows) - so we need to be well conscious of how we act, speak and behave etc. We need to have Baba Daya.Dharm.Himmat.Mohkam and Sahib Singh within us; we need to have qualities that will inspire ourselves and others to stick to and come into Sikhi.

The Bana is like a Nishaan Sahib, just as a Dumalla is - it is a form of Parchaar within itself; so another important aspect is that; if we are going to wear the Bana we need to have the Bani and Giaan. If someone is to approach us asking about 'xyz' - have we got it in us to reply back leaving the questioner satisfied? There is nothing worse than a Gursikh in the making seeing someone in Bana and inspired enough to approach and ask a question; only leaving unsatisfied (damping their fire of chaa to come into Sikhi)

We need to look at our forefathers/foremothers who were in Bana - and remember THEY inspired us into Sikhi - THEY keep us going when we feel 'down' so one day we will the forefather/foremothers of the future generations - will we be able to inspire them?

I can't remember the Tukh properly but Satguru Says:

Bani Bana Dho Pank Pachaano; Guru Ka Khalsa Panchee Jaano ||

Recognise the Bani and Bana as the two wings; the Khalsa of the Guru being the Bird ||

(At the moment I hope to use what the above says to inspire myself - at the moment my "Amritvela" starts at 6am - so as you can see - even though I wear Bana - I need to get my act together..)

Kima dee Jaachak

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest I Know Who You Are

Waheguru THANK YOU SO MUCH

Hearing things from.myself didmt satisfy my mind but hearing it from someone else really hits you. Idk its hard to explain :)

But thank you veer/bheji really appreiate it :)

YOU ARE RIGHT im the same way !!!!!!!!!!

i can tell myself alot of things but i dont act upon i dont take it in. But when somebody else tells me the same thing all of a sudden my mind agrees and acts upon everything.

hahaha THE MIND weird weird stufff

That post was really great.... Nice advice Guest ji... looks like bhaji is saticfied with your answer