How important is learning science/promoting science?

How important is science to you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How important is science to you?

• Very important.
    • I have nothing against science
    • Only interested to use it to get a career.
    • I don't care at all for science.
  2. 2. Your view on science and Sikhi?

• Sikhi and science do not contradict at all. Science is simply a manifestation of Vaheguru's physical/visual/superficial laws and science only contradicts God/Allah/Ram/Vaheguru when you look at Vaheguru through western Abrahamic faith lens.
    • Evolution contradicts with Sikhi, but I do not reject science as a whole.
    • I believe science to be a good thing, but I don't agree with a lot of it and it hinders my faith in Vaheguru.
    • Science is complete rubbish and can never mix with Sikh belief system.
  3. 3. Should Sikhs publicly promote science and research within the Panth?

• Yes, science empowers an individual. If Sikhs are focused on such fields it will help us empower ourselves to help others.
    • I am not sure whether we should promote science in the Sikh panth. Sikhi talks about meeting Vaheguru and the pursuit of knowledge may distract some individuals from the essence of Sikhi - "Jin Prem Kiyo Tin Hi Prabh Payo".
    • We shouldn't decide what is more important, who is to say science should be promoted by Sikhi? Where in history is science promoted in the Sikh panth?
    • No science should not be promoted at all. Science only can condone atheism and hurt a GurSikh's jeevan.

The only science that is agreement with spirituality is Quantum Physics. Which says that your believe creates your reality before and after death. You are eternal

(live for ever) so there is actually no death. Sikhism is in total agreement with Quantum Physics that you pick Guru path who see the illusion for what is an illusion based on the senses. Guru gives you Naam and with the help of Satguru ferries you across the ocean, and stops your mind so you can see it for yourself. Mind itself is an energy which cause one to be born again if not still or quiet.