do you consider this beadbhi?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

aaj, Das went to the gurdwara (kirpaa di naal), i noticed 1 bajurg bibi was in the pangat eating langar, just one small thing, on a chair (i think she couldnt sit). her thaal was on a chair, and so was she. when she finished, two bajurg bibis sat on these chairs (well one wasnt so bajurg). point being, i have seen them sit in pangat well.

i have seen another bibi do this, though she has two metal sticks to help her walk, sewadars get a chair for her and she eats in pangat on a chair. though the gurdwara sahib has perect facilities for those who want to sit on chairs.

one sewadar named Sarmukh Singh (i think), came later than usual (about 12), he told the women to get off. i dont think they did this by his orders. so one other bibi got up and took the chairs away. (made them get up).

das was shocked to see all this going on. i personally felt like going up to them and saying get up, seeing no-one else was. but, one thing i was unsure of has the akal takhat issued a hukamnama saying no chairs in pangat?

Das decided to go to the receptionist and complain, yet this sewadarni said it was a small issue (i think, she said something like that). but i do remember her saying word for word that a few days back, the comitee got a SOFA, aho SOFA (or couch in other words) for the sewadarnis, in which most bibiyan sat upon.

Das would like to know, has a hukamnama been issued banning this act?

my second question is a simple question. when one does parikarma, a person goes around the left. however, i have noticed some singhs (and singhanis) go around the right side. is that right? its st

ill the same as going around the left side right? and does a certain jatha say you can do that ji? (sorry i know, stupid question, just thought i should ask).

bhol chukke muaff

Das

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest SikhForLife

bro dont worry bout it.. some old people have bad knees.. bibian who have osteoporosis.. we even get handicapped people who come to gw.. i remember this white guy used to come to GW .. he was very young but had a really bad car accident when he was 19.. and he would walk very slowly with help of crutches and he would even come up and take mathaa.. but then walk back and we would get a chair for him so he could listen to gurbani and join the sangat .. and during langar eat with the sangat.. he had payaar for sikhi and it gave him hope.. he would read translations and so on and discuss it with the sangat.. if anything he had love for the GURU..

point being .. let us not focus on what other people do.. we are not in their situation

sikh4life ji, thank you for responding to this.

ok, so the bibi who walks with crutches, thats fine. but in return i would say she ought to sit in the place where people sit on chairs.

but, i do sympathise with her, i guess she does want to chill with her friends. anyone else would.

but point being, after this bibi (another bibi, not the bibi in crutches, i didnt see her today), ate her prashaada, she went (i believe she had a stick or something with her). and in her place, two people sat in these chairs. i can describe well one of these bibiyan, who wears a blue coat and does give out prashad to others. i have seen her sit perfectly well downstairs. as to regards of the other bibi, after she was made to move by one sewadars (thank god for people like sarmukh singh, no matter how strict that guy is), after the chairs were moved, the other bibi sat down in pangat, the other bibi, i cant remember if she sat down or not.

again as i said, i would like to know if there is a akal takhat hukamnama that bans this act.

bhol chukke muaff

Das

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

The most important thing of all is to treat your fellow human, fellow Sikh will full respect. If they can't sit down, give them a chair. It doesn't matter if it is inside Gurdwara sahib, langar hall, etc.

Of course, there are many who try to abuse this priviledge. But for those who require it, it is our duty as Sikhs of Guru Nanak to show them that respect.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

jmy second question is a simple question. when one does parikarma, a person goes around the left. however, i have noticed some singhs (and singhanis) go around the right side. is that right? its still the same as going around the left side right? and does a certain jatha say you can do that ji? (sorry i know, stupid question, just thought i should ask).

bhol chukke muaff

Das

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i tink tis question was disussed long time bak. can any1 post da link here ?

The most important thing of all is to treat your fellow human, fellow Sikh will full respect. If they can't sit down, give them a chair. It doesn't matter if it is inside Gurdwara sahib, langar hall, etc.

so you can go to the pangat and sit on a chair?

isnt there an akal takhat hukamnama menioining this anywhere sangat jio?

bhol chukke muaff

Das

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I BELIEVE that there is no hukam from Akal Thakt sahib directly relating to that issue. But I know for a fact even in that whole "tables and chairs" debate for langar, it is written in the hukamnama explicitly that those who have trouble sitting down to eat langar must be provided a chair / table to eat with (ie: an exception is made for those who are not as fortunate as us :lol: ). So I think that it is fair to say that this would also apply to sitting in gurdwara... that those who are unable to sit down may be provided with a chair to sit on.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• 2 weeks later...

well if there is a hukam from " akal thakt "

why do gudwaras in Malaysia & Singapore provide chairs and table in their langgar hall for all the sangat.

Here twe pratice that you pick you plates and take your food from the sewadaar and sit on table and have you meal .

Dear brothers i just want to no is that wrong or is such principal in gudwaras in malaysia and singapore.

wjkk wjkf...in malaysia they have chairs...well wht i think is tht... if mejority people who ar sitting on chairs n eating tht would not be wrong..u should follow the sangat..well..moreover...i think alot of people in malaysia..particuly in penang...my homeland..we sit on chairs because alot of the sangat there ar old people..so we follow...but then other youngsters sit on the floor ..which there is no offence..

bbuhle cukeh maaf...wjkk wjkf..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Nah Guru ji gave us Pangat not restuarant-service

Pangat rules :lol:

EVERYONE is ment to sit on the floor and eat (or mats)

side by side, yeah it theres someone wo's disabled or old tha could be excudes, but everyone who CA shoudl sit down.

Where I live theres only Pnagat and No Chairs. if theres a person who's disabled to old they ask for a chair, an it's put on the side of the pangat, and not 'choose whether u wanan sit on table or floor'

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!