Does Karma Move To Your Children?

Dear brother,

Please refer to guru nanak dev ji's patti:

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸ੝ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸ੝ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸ੝ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੨੧॥

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21||

It is self explanatory.

WJKK WJKF

Then you should accept your caste & status that comes with it.

Didn't Bhagat Prahlad ji go against his father Harnakash ?

If you don't have the guts to walkout then at least don't be Haraamkhor and say bad stuff about parents.

According to Gurbani, a holi person can enlighten & change a person's destiny.

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥(SGGS jeeo - ANG 1252)

मेरी बांधी भगतु छडावै बांधै भगतु न छूटै मोहि ॥

Merī bāʼnḏẖī bẖagaṯ cẖẖadāvai bāʼnḏẖai bẖagaṯ na cẖẖūtai mohi.

The devotee can release anyone from my bondage, but I cannot release anyone from his.

THE END.

Then you should accept your caste & status that comes with it.

Didn't Bhagat Prahlad ji go against his father Harnakash ?

If you don't have the guts to walkout then at least don't be Haraamkhor and say bad stuff about parents.

According to Gurbani, a holi person can enlighten & change a person's destiny.

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥(SGGS jeeo - ANG 1252)

मेरी बांधी भगतु छडावै बांधै भगतु न छूटै मोहि ॥

Merī bāʼnḏẖī bẖagaṯ cẖẖadāvai bāʼnḏẖai bẖagaṯ na cẖẖūtai mohi.

The devotee can release anyone from my bondage, but I cannot release anyone from his.

THE END.

WJKK, WJKF

Dear Brother,

Please can you explain to me why you have brought caste within this debate. What is the relevance and connection of caste to guru nanaks dev ji's patti I posted? If you support caste so much, please educate me to where our guru, SGGS ji or any of the Gurus accept caste. Also if you are sikh, how can you be associated with the Hindu hierarchy of caste? If you are a believer of the Hindu caste, then should you not do what the Hindu dharam tells you to do, to be born a Brahman male to gain mukhti and call yourself a Hindu, rather than a sikh of guru nanak?

Saying " bad stuff" and being "haraamkhor" to parents is one thing, but explaining to ones parents about gurmat if they are telling you to exist within Mann Matt is another. Would you then also suggest that Guru Nanak Dev Ji should be brought under the above term, as per his relationship with his parents, denouncing the janeu was against his parents will, do you suppose he should of just gone along with the ceremony and obeyed his parents wish? Or explained the gurmat what our father, Akal Purakh wants us to do?

WJKK WJKF

WJKK, WJKF

Dear Brother,

Please can you explain to me why you have brought caste within this debate. What is the relevance and connection of caste to guru nanaks dev ji's patti I posted? If you support caste so much, please educate me to where our guru, SGGS ji or any of the Gurus accept caste. Also if you are sikh, how can you be associated with the Hindu hierarchy of caste? If you are a believer of the Hindu caste, then should you not do what the Hindu dharam tells you to do, to be born a Brahman male to gain mukhti and call yourself a Hindu, rather than a sikh of guru nanak?

Saying " bad stuff" and being "haraamkhor" to parents is one thing, but explaining to ones parents about gurmat if they are telling you to exist within Mann Matt is another. Would you then also suggest that Guru Nanak Dev Ji should be brought under the above term, as per his relationship with his parents, denouncing the janeu was against his parents will, do you suppose he should of just gone along with the ceremony and obeyed his parents wish? Or explained the gurmat what our father, Akal Purakh wants us to do?

WJKK WJKF

I don't judge people based on their Caste but your topics/posts suggest that you certainly have a problem with yours.

Otherwise why bother ?

Anyway i was trying to make a point in regards to the verse you posted about not blaming others but your own karma or past deeds.

Which also includes being born in certain community, whether it is caste, class, religion etc

Coming to the second part or the main topic, Haraamkhor term is for the kids who accept food, clothing & shelter provided by parents but

still disrespect them. Either they should leave parental house & earn their own living like Guru Nanak Dev ji. Who moved to another city for work in Modi Khana.

I don't judge people based on their Caste but your topics/posts suggest that you certainly have a problem with yours.

Otherwise why bother ?

Anyway i was trying to make a point in regards to the verse you posted about not blaming others but your own karma or past deeds.

Which also includes being born in certain community, whether it is caste, class, religion etc

Coming to the second part or the main topic, Haraamkhor term is for the kids who accept food, clothing & shelter provided by parents but

still disrespect them. Either they should leave parental house & earn their own living like Guru Nanak Dev ji. Who moved to another city for work in Modi Khana.

Dear brother,

I think you are missing the point I am making and may have misunderstood my point.

Also, I am a sikh, I have no caste, so I do not have a problem, if you look back at any of my topics/posts I'm sure you will see that actually, my posts are 100% anti-caste. As a sikh, I will not promote any organisation/program/person who associates themselves with caste and at the sametime say their sikh, for e.g your topic on the sangat channel "sikh" matrimonial show lol. The problem lies within opinions and past affiliations with sikhs who were once at some point Hindu and still today take pride in their previous caste, where ever I see or read caste being associated with my guru and shaheeds sikhi, I will fight and apose it dear brother. It is my duty and responsibility as a sikh.

What I feel you have misunderstood on this topic is that within sikhi, there is no caste, period. So how can one be born within caste due to karmic actions? Dear brother, I feel you are mixing Hinduism and sikhi and coming out with a mixed view. Our path of mukhti, is not the same path as a hindu's path. You quote gurbani in many posts you make, I only wish you could apply gurbani to your acceptance of caste also.

Again, with the issue on parents Preaching Mann Matt. I believe it is every sikhs duty and responsibility to preach gurmat, irregards of relation. Just because it's your father or mother who are wrong, it does not mean you should follow them boundlessly breaking your religious rehat and principal with your guru?

I would like to ask you a direct personal question, Do you believe in caste and do you thing it has any part/role in sikhi?

WJKK WJKF

That is your perception can you back it up with Gurbani.

Listen to the sakhi of Bhagwan Balmiki. especially the part where karm is discussed between him and his family, and the Mahatma. You will get your answer.

If im not not mistaken Sant Gurbachan Singh told this sakhi, alkthough I have heard it from Sant Kashmira Singh Alhoran wale ,adn also Giani Thakur Singh.

Dear brother,

I think you are missing the point I am making and may have misunderstood my point.

Also, I am a sikh, I have no caste, so I do not have a problem, if you look back at any of my topics/posts I'm sure you will see that actually, my posts are 100% anti-caste. As a sikh, I will not promote any organisation/program/person who associates themselves with caste and at the sametime say their sikh, for e.g your topic on the sangat channel "sikh" matrimonial show lol. The problem lies within opinions and past affiliations with sikhs who were once at some point Hindu and still today take pride in their previous caste, where ever I see or read caste being associated with my guru and shaheeds sikhi, I will fight and apose it dear brother. It is my duty and responsibility as a sikh.

What I feel you have misunderstood on this topic is that within sikhi, there is no caste, period. So how can one be born within caste due to karmic actions? Dear brother, I feel you are mixing Hinduism and sikhi and coming out with a mixed view. Our path of mukhti, is not the same path as a hindu's path. You quote gurbani in many posts you make, I only wish you could apply gurbani to your acceptance of caste also.

Again, with the issue on parents Preaching Mann Matt. I believe it is every sikhs duty and responsibility to preach gurmat, irregards of relation. Just because it's your father or mother who are wrong, it does not mean you should follow them boundlessly breaking your religious rehat and principal with your guru?

I would like to ask you a direct personal question, Do you believe in caste and do you thing it has any part/role in sikhi?

WJKK WJKF

Gurbani talks about human psychology

ਜੋ ਜੀਇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਉਗਵੈ ਮੁਹ ਕਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਵਾਉ ॥(SGGS jeeo - Ang 474)

Jo Jeee Hoe S Ougavai Muh Kaa Kehiaa Vaao ||

जो जीइ होइ सु उगवै मुह का कहिआ वाउ ॥

Whatever is in the mind, comes forth; spoken words by themselves are just wind.

As for living with parents, solution is either learn to adjust, tolerate or find a place of your own.

Can you give any reference from Gurbani where Balmiki is mentioned.

here is a shabad which tells of Bhagwan Balmik beng a robber:

Maaroo, Fourth Mehla:

The Siddhas in Samaadhi meditate on Him; they are lovingly focused on Him. The seekers and the silent sages meditate on Him as well.

The celibates, the true and contented beings meditate on Him; Indra and the other gods chant His Name with their mouths.

Those who seek His Sanctuary meditate on Him; they become Gurmukh and swim across. ||1||

O my mind, chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and cross over.

Dhanna the farmer, and Balmik the highway robber, became Gurmukh, and crossed over. ||1||Pause||

Angels, men, heavenly heralds and celestial singers meditate on Him; even the humble Rishis sing of the Lord.

Shiva, Brahma and the goddess Lakhshmi, meditate, and chant with their mouths the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

Those whose minds are drenched with the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, as Gurmukh, cross over. ||2||

Millions and millions, three hundred thirty million gods meditate on Him; there is no end to those who meditate on the Lord.

The Vedas, the Puraanas and the Simritees meditate on the Lord; the Pandits, the religious scholars, sing the Lord's Praises as well.

Those whose minds are filled with the Naam, the source of nectar - as Gurmukh, they cross over. ||3||

Those who chant the Naam in endless waves - I cannot even count their number.

The Lord of the Universe bestows His Mercy, and those who are pleasing to the Mind of the Lord God, find their place.

The Guru, granting His Grace, implants the Lord's Name within; servant Nanak chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||4||2||

Am not into Sakhis, Sants & Giani's.

are you into chatangas? You are asking me for an answer, to try and "prove" it to you.

why not look it up yourself? wouldnt that be easier?

Just as passive smoking affects children; so does immoral wealth, and pooja da dhan. There are numerous references, as to why Guru Sahiban would throw wealth into the river, rather than feed the Sikhs with it.

There is a saying, not directly from Gurbani, but based on Gurbani kamiee:

Pooja da dhan tinn kamm karein; hadd bhanan, mat maran, Naam na jappan dehan.

Consuming pooja dhan or immoral earnings, will lead to: laziness, a corrupt mind, and the inability to japp Naam.

If anyone needs to see the practical result of this, just look at the people who feed themselves, and their children on such wealth...

Waheguru.....