Jhoot Help

Guest Gurpreet Kaur bains

Guest Gurpreet Kaur bains

Hello

My brother is a amritdhari and so is my sister but she is married and lives elsewhere, I have a question about Jhoot, we are careful as we have separate cookery for meat etc, but he has one plate and bowl cutlery for himself that no one uses apart from him , the other day we ordered a pizza from a takeaway and I Picked up a slice first, he then said to me its jhoot now I dont want it and another time we had pizza and he put in everyones slices for them and then when I went to get one myself he said its jhoota again now, I was like how I have only touched the one slice I am picking up how does that make the rest of the box jhoota as well, we had a arguemnet and he said he is just following rehat marayda and is trying to be strict in his jeevan,.

Do other people hold similar views on Jhoot or is it just my brother, he says sucham is very important,

Thanks for reading

Guest Mansoncrack

He shouldn't be eating out at restaurants if he's that strict. Explain to him when it's made by the chef does he think they give a c@@@ which so called strict sikh is eating it? Tell him increase his simran and relax.

Dear Gurpreet,

the thing is we people, we are very square and narrow minded. We have created so many limitations on us, that many a times we ourselves are trapped in the web created by us.

Sometimes I wonder, how these superstitions from other dharams have entered our sikhee? I have heard that in hindus, the brahmins had these types of reactions and stressed much upon them in the society, but let us leave them, and see the unlogic, in this type of behaviour.

First of all, let us see what is jhoot?

Jhoot,is a leftover of some eatable when it comes in contact with the saliva of someone. Jhoot is also, when the food is bought and served by dishonest earnings.

Apart from this, it is all superstition. The eatables do not turn into jhoot, just by someone´s touch.

Just as if one is a sinner, and get´s a chance for doing some sort of sewa of preparing or serving food in a Gurdwara for example, that food does not get infected by one´s sins, rather the sinner, get´s a chance of doing some good karma.

The sins of each one are very much of oneself, they do not get transferred by contact..

Neither as some think, that by drinking the holy water of a particular river, or bathing at a pilgrimage place, will wash one´s bad karmas.

This is sheer nonsense. It is degrading oneself. It is an irrational thinking.

That is not the case, but worst come worst, supposing that way of irrational thinking was right, then if by one´s touching, the food can become "jhoot" or polluted, then too, our Guru Sahibans have given us the antidote also, by doing His Simran, by remebering Him before eating,(or any other action), that would make that supposed jhoot, into amrit, into parsad.

As His Name is the most purifier power....

If it can wash our sins, which are subtle. Then why not the jhoot impurity also?

The jhoot is in our minds and hearts with such unhuman behaviour, not in the touching the eatables

Or is it, we doubt Him, before our own limitations?

Shame on us. Many of us are very mean, very low.

We have complicated and polluted Gurmat with our very own "manmaat", and because at the same time, we have forgotten His Naam, which is the panacea for all ailments, all maladies.

Sat Sree Akal

Please don't take my post below as a gospel truth (take gurbani as truth), as I am also exploring, learning new things in sikhi every day as researcher, interviewer, into theology, into sikh mysticism into sikh metaphysics..don't take me or confuse me as your inspiration or role model or some sort of authority or anything... research and decide it for yourself...I am just regular joe blow sikh-learner/trying to learn and improve who happen to be lucky gathering and trying to apply gurmat knowledge, eagle eye perception due to spent time with mahapursh/senior gurmukhs, researching, spent time with gurbani contemplation and meditation.

---

According to my understanding, Basic suchamta is kept as part of maryada part of spontaneous natural thing without any doubts most gursikhs and mahapursh keeps it by striking an fine equilibrium, but if maryada is turned into egoic power trip/ dogmatic notion/karam kaand by an individual by wrapping their head around it and make it as spiritual hindrance itself by forgeting NAAM then satguru gobind singh maharaj gives gurbani direct updesh in sri akaal ustat trumphs all-

ਸਭ ਕਰਮ ਫੋਕਟ ਜਾਨ ॥ ਸਭ ਧਰਮ ਨਿਹਫਲ ਮਾਨ ॥
सभ करम फोकट जान ॥ सभ धरम निहफल मान ॥
Know all the Karmas (actions) as useless, consider all the religious paths of no value.

ਬਿਨ ਏਕ ਨਾਮ ਅਧਾਰ ॥ ਸਭ ਕਰਮ ਭਰਮ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੨੦॥੫੦॥
बिन एक नाम अधार ॥ सभ करम भरम बिचार ॥२०॥५०॥
Without the prop of the only Name of the Lord, all the Karmas be considered as illusion.20.50.

Also according to my understanding, research and experience, over emphasis Jhooth or sucham these things are relevant at intial stages of begineer who is vulnerable to negative vibe energies around but as one progresses spiritually, one establish more stronger unconditional faith/liv-unbroken current in gurbani to the point one automatically naturally perceives that gurbani purifies everything and feels there is no duality as such not even second is spent in dubta(doubts) at certain spiritual state, they may keep it in fine equilibrium or may not keep it its up to them as there is no duality as such in advait eka dristhi (One non dual perception).

Gurparsad bhram na nash ||

Suchamta and avoid Jhooth are not dogma as they are not meant to be meant to be used as aids as pointers/reminders, but surely can be turned into one by an individuals if caution is not paid with internal bibek. If one forgets naam, everything is hindrance an illusion as per akaal ustat

Another good sakhi
http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73339-bhai-jodh-ji-ate-jhoot-to-rid-of-his-ego/

Please research and decide for yourself..I don't meant to offend anyone.

Guest dasguruka

Hello

My brother is a amritdhari and so is my sister but she is married and lives elsewhere, I have a question about Jhoot, we are careful as we have separate cookery for meat etc, but he has one plate and bowl cutlery for himself that no one uses apart from him , the other day we ordered a pizza from a takeaway and I Picked up a slice first, he then said to me its jhoot now I dont want it and another time we had pizza and he put in everyones slices for them and then when I went to get one myself he said its jhoota again now, I was like how I have only touched the one slice I am picking up how does that make the rest of the box jhoota as well, we had a arguemnet and he said he is just following rehat marayda and is trying to be strict in his jeevan,.

Do other people hold similar views on Jhoot or is it just my brother, he says sucham is very important,

Thanks for reading

It's a part of our Sucham. We try as much as we can but not following it at all is not acceptable. I myself learned it the hard way too. My fam isn't Amritdhari so they always taunt me too. Basically, take out his share first and then have the rest for yourself. Not that hes in some way better than you guys but just for sucham.