What Are Sikh Views On Dinosaurs, Neanderthals And Evolution

Guest History

That's hardly an answer to his question.

Easier said than done, living in "this" breath requires a huge amount of sacrafice... and for people who are hesitant to make such sacrafices to begin with... questions such as the previous poster asked arise amongst many people including myself. To simply put them of with these round the bush type answers do nothing but enforce their doubts.

I know, because i am speaking from personal experience. The Youth of today especially in the west require more explanations than our parents did as we live in the age of information and everything is more subject to scrutiny. There are so many contradictions that our parents and elders cannot explain, yet we are forced down this path.

regarding contradictions, there are none in gurbani hence, none in sikhi. many quote sargun and nirgun. whereas guru G says nirgun aap, sargun bhi ohi. in one line, something that looks like its contradictory. there are only few that understand these things. and fewer that understand the play of god.

this is not because you cannot understand it, its because individuals ask questions like, whats the point of it all, existance, whereas maharaj is the one who created it. ask maharaj. people don like this answer to their question, and then, they fall away from sikhi. when in fact, thats the only real answer. the rest will come from humans and be subject to duality, therefore speculation. there is no contradictions, only one truth. people dont want to sit there and do self reflection, they just want quick fix answers just so they know it, but dont do it.

so.. it sounds to me that these people that ask why too much, are less about the actual spiritual journey, and more about proving their own points and mind set. when in actual fact, you should be sorting out your own problems in your own mind rather than airing them in the open to get somone else to fix them for you. it will never work. you must walk the path to truth. you must read bani to understand it. not from a critical point of view, but from a devotional point of view.

only then it is possible to find answers to questions like, y make seemingly pointless lifeforms...

evolution of the soul is what is happening throughout life. any life form that is a "banda" (so called person), is only known as a banda if they jup naam. else, they are not a banda. this is what maharaj sez.

people limit their understanding of the universe and beyond, because they refuse to take steps forward of moving away from themselves, and towards 'one' truth.

somone asked once, "whats the point of the vichorra from god? i.e. creation.?" the answer was, "so we can all merge back into god again".

the journey is whats importent. its where time is, where karam is, where charusi is, where everything that god created, is. the only consistency is naam. this is y we jup it.

WJKK WJKF

ANcient civilisations have depicted various species of dinosaurs within their art and story telling. At the level of our technology and science we are able to graft skin, muscle over skeletal bones and take a sketched glimpse at how they're have physically looked.

My question is, how did ancient man know? How were ancient civilisations able to depict dinosaurs as we physically depict them now?

Science and what governs science will inevitably allow mankind to know only which they feel needs to be known and nothing more.

Recently we discovered that life exist 2km below sea level where no light penetrates. Science before this point suggested no life what so ever existed at such a deep level. So, what else leeks beneath our darkest waters, of which we know not much, knowing more about space itself.

Extra terrestrial beings have had their part in human progression, maybe also the extinction of predatory dinosaurs which woul if caused a major threat to the human species becoming the GOP if the change. However, I do not believe all dinosaurs became extinct. Some cohabited earth with early man. The Neanderthal and homosapian are two very different beings, both in intellect and physicality. The Neanderthal was probably beaten back into tiny remote areas of earth many any years ago by the homosapian. However, I don't think there extinct, just evolved as humans have to take advantage of their remote surrounding in very small numbers. The mythical yeti could very well be a evolved homosapian.

Scientific evidence and evidence of the non scientific like the paranormal, supernatural and progression of ancient civilisations will always be hidden and rewritten. The end all and be all is yes, extra terrestrials have played a part within the progression of humanity but it all ends and starts from the creator, who simply watches this game. The "facts" that the original poster bases his opinion on which science provides is very weak, you only have to look at ancient history and the development of the human race within ancient civilisations and also the ancient alien theory. It all makes much more sense than the sectarianism of the abrahic religions which have dominated the world. Science cannot explain many events and achievements made by our ancestors. So, just have faith in akal purakh waheguru, the creator of all creation, the initial start from where the god gene is manifest.