Trip To Golden Temple Advice Please

Guest darshan

veer ji,

just a suggestion if you want to keep both sides happy you could go to another gurdwara instead like hazoor sahib - that way you will be visiting one of peaceful-ist places in history, with your wife and in-laws without having any worries!

or you could just book a ticket for your parents too so that everyones happy LOL :)

I only reason i'm suggesting this is that all parents have dreams for their children and if its your parents dream to take you and your wife to Harmandir sahib, then that's brilliant so why break it. You could just work around it!

It'll be simple and easy!

As this is a religious cause i'm sure waheguru ji will help you out, so good luck with whatever you do!

bhul chuk maaf ji and take care :)

Guest Guest

I am not stopping anybody from going. I love my wife dearly. However she has said that if she does not receive my parent's permission or blessing she will not go.

I have pleaded with my parents but they refuse - they wish to one day take the pair of us first. They perceive my wife's parents generous offer as an insult. We're both heartbroken. We are not talking about going to Ibiza on a hen weekend but to the most beautiful and spiritual place in the world - with her own mum and dad. I can pay for her and happy for her to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FeedingEgos

Every individual has to live their own destiny. There is a backward mentality of giving control of ones destiny to ones parents. They engaged in kaam and you were born. You do not owe them anything. This idea that they make your decision or anybody for that matter is drilled into us from a young age. Humans love to control. It also feeds our ego to control and make decisions for others. Obviously a parent must when the child is young and advise as the child is growing. But every human has to find themselves and realise their path to enlightenment alone. By this I dont mean dump ur parents and not respect them. Or if they need your help dnt help them. But many many ppl end up failing to reach their true potential. Im talkin spiritual but it can be other things too. But in spiritual terms then we are reborn again and again until we figure. Parents havent taught kids to serve the world . Rather most often to work hard and make there family rich. Look good in the community, keep the izzat and respect which is all feeding the ego. By no way do I mean we do what we want but isnt that what has happened? If we give this sort of respect to our creator and guru then surely we will find enlightenment? Jus my thoughts ....

• 2 months later...
Guest darshan

Update

Both of us have accepted that it was the Lord's will that she didn't go on this occasion. We've moved on. So now it is our 20th wedding anniversary in 2 years so we are both saving and preparing to go on the biggest trip in our lives. My parents will come with (so they say) and are happy. Of course once we've been and returned Mrs will have free reign to then go with whomever and whenever she chooses :-)

Its Kalyug n even ur parents have fallen into the darkness of ignorance- it happens, just accept their shortcomings as hukam and realise that even ur nearest and dearest can be silly. We came alone, we go alone- thats the truth.

Lol and she has free reign Anyway, we're all free, being trapped and at the mercy of the ego of others is a mere illusion from which we need to detach. Be free, u are already free u just dont realise it.