Hair Wash

gsingh12345

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru Ji ki fateh. Singhbj thanks for your reply. Maybe you have misunderstood my question I and most people know why we wash our hair, my question relates to the requirement to do path. If gursikhs can confirm the correct treatment please?

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru Ji ki fateh. Singhbj thanks for your reply. Maybe you have misunderstood my question I and most people know why we wash our hair, my question relates to the requirement to do path. If gursikhs can confirm the correct treatment please?

Guest dasguruka

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru Ji ki fateh. Thanks for all the responses. Do you use oil? My hair is thick and when oiled if water is applied will take a while to dry. Is it possible to wet the hair slightly or do they have to be fully wet. Sorry if it seems like I'm asking silly questions.

It stays wet regardless Singh Ji. You have to open your joora and let em get dry after you are done doing paath.

Do kesi ishnaan then do your paath and if you have time during the day then open your joora and let em get harre. Then tie it back up.

These aren't silly questions. If you're just starting then you will face a lot more. Get all your doubts cleared up as soon as possible so you could cruise through it

Yes I use oil too but not everyday. Probably twice before shampooing em again

There is no one way to suit all so develop your own method.

For me it is shampoo & no oil.

After washing I wrap the hair in towel for 5-10 minutes.

Then let my hair down, wear a patka without tying the knot.

Tying a top knot with wet hair can give headaches & it also causes hair to break.

In summers sit below a fan for 15 minutes.

In winters use a hair dryer for 7-10 minutes.

Have been doing it for more than 15 years.