Sign in to follow this  
BlazinSikh

The Concept Of Sant Sipahi

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

My question for sangat ji, is regarding the concept Sant Sipahi.

Now i know that a sikh is to live their lives according to being a Sant (i.e incopperating the teachings Of Satguru Granths Sahib Ji, Piri) for the Atma, and to also live as Sipahi (i.e. incopperating the teachings of Sri Dasam Granth, and Sri Sarbloh Granth, Miri) to lives a warriors.

Also seeing that being a Sant is also like being a Sipahi as you fight spiritually with one self against Maya as well as outside.

But what other further depth is there regarding Sant Sipahi?

And Also.....

I have seen a few pictures of sant who do not adorn themselves with Kirpan, or any weaponary which may also hint that they are not shastardhari which is one of Satguru Gobind Singh Ji Hukam. So why donot wear a Kirpan?

And Also

When looking at the Mahapurakhs/Sants and the Nihangs i can see that there is a division as some have taken to become a Sipahi and some to become a Sant. Are we sikh not meant to be both rather than one?

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO USERS.

PLEASE DO NOT....WHAT SO EVER INSULT AND MAHAPURAKH, SANT, OR OTHER SIKH PERSONELS. I AM NOT CREATING THIS TOPIC TO INSULT ANY SANT, MAHAPURAKHS OR OTHER SIKH PERSONELS, I AM JUST AN UNEDUCATED HUMAN BEING WHO IS JUST ASKING A QUESTION.

ALSO REMEMBER FOR EACH PERSON YOU INSULT, BACKBITE OR CURSE EACH ONE OF THIER SIN WILL BE PLACED ON YOUR HEAD SO NO ANTI- GURMAT BEHAVIOUR.

THANK YOU

BLAZINSIKH (INDERPAL SINGH)

• Like 1

My question for sangat ji, is regarding the concept Sant Sipahi.

Now i know that a sikh is to live their lives according to being a Sant (i.e incopperating the teachings Of Satguru Granths Sahib Ji, Piri) for the Atma, and to also live as Sipahi (i.e. incopperating the teachings of Sri Dasam Granth, and Sri Sarbloh Granth, Miri) to lives a warriors.

Also seeing that being a Sant is also like being a Sipahi as you fight spiritually with one self against Maya as well as outside.

But what other further depth is there regarding Sant Sipahi?

And Also.....

I have seen a few pictures of sant who do not adorn themselves with Kirpan, or any weaponary which may also hint that they are not shastardhari which is one of Satguru Gobind Singh Ji Hukam. So why donot wear a Kirpan?

And Also

When looking at the Mahapurakhs/Sants and the Nihangs i can see that there is a division as some have taken to become a Sipahi and some to become a Sant. Are we sikh not meant to be both rather than one?

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO USERS.

PLEASE DO NOT....WHAT SO EVER INSULT AND MAHAPURAKH, SANT, OR OTHER SIKH PERSONELS. I AM NOT CREATING THIS TOPIC TO INSULT ANY SANT, MAHAPURAKHS OR OTHER SIKH PERSONELS, I AM JUST AN UNEDUCATED HUMAN BEING WHO IS JUST ASKING A QUESTION.

ALSO REMEMBER FOR EACH PERSON YOU INSULT, BACKBITE OR CURSE EACH ONE OF THIER SIN WILL BE PLACED ON YOUR HEAD SO NO ANTI- GURMAT BEHAVIOUR.

THANK YOU

BLAZINSIKH (INDERPAL SINGH)

I think it depends on perception. In the Dasam Granth there is a section titled the Rudra-Avatar in which a King Parasnath summons the sage Matsyendra and asks him whether he has any foes left. Matsyendra answers that he has subdued all gods, men and beasts but inside him kaam,krodh,lobh,boh, ahankaar and duaity run rife. These foes the sage predicts, will be his ultimate demise. Of course Parasnath is angered and prepares to subdue them. What follows is an epic account of what we might call an internal, spiritual battle. Most mahapurakhs today prefer that battle to any external battle. I guess we were more martial, in a socio-political sense, when were more politically aware and fighting for our survival. Now that peace reigns, we have turned our thoughts inwards.

• Like 2

sant sipahi is an english word for saint soldier

our native word is kshatriya

we are kshatriya

kshatriya ko putt ho bhaman ko nahi !!

there are many native or gurubani words which English can come so close

sant sipahi is an english word for saint soldier

our native word is kshatriya

we are kshatriya

kshatriya ko putt ho bhaman ko nahi !!

there are many native or gurubani words which English can come so close

Does the concept of then saint soilder/warrior come within in the word "Kshatriya".

From limited knowledge i know that Kshatriya means warrior.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਸੂਰਾ ਵਰੀਆਮੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਦੁਸਟੁ ਅਹੰਕਰਣੁ ਮਾਰਿਆ ॥

O Nanak, he is a brave warrior, who conquers and subdues his vicious inner ego.

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਲਾਗੋ ਇਸੁ ਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਸੋ ਕਹੀਅਤ ਹੈ ਸੂਰਾ ॥

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord's Love in this age.