Elections

Bijla Singh

things look good from the other end. I agree with S1ngh. there is a big difference in knowing about the situation and being in a situation. since bush became president i been arrested couple times for being a Sikh. no way in hell i am voting for that guy. btw, why is everyone debating over iraq and stuff? that doesn't help america. US never went to punjab or kashmir or sri lanka. they just want oil. they don't care about human rights or establishing peace. i am looking at the bigger picture here i.e. which person would benefit america and me the most. i think kerry would. i've already seen bush. just because kerry supports pro choice on abortion does not mean i won't vote for him. i agree with him on this one. even if i didn't that does not change anything. all four bajjar kurehats are encouraged by america but that doesn't mean i should leave the country. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again.. Don't debate if one is not US residents.. If you don't live in this country then you don't know whats going on..  rolleyes.gif   rolleyes.gif   that's the first lesson !

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sorry jee, but us Canuks have a nasty habit of being the moral compass of the continent :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with that veer jee.. You have full right to discuss about issues which concern the possible effect on the country where u reside.. For example; you can discuss the issue of Pip oil thingy and preserving nature that US is always threatning to the country near you.. Alaska.. Or you issues like "U.S. Stealing Woods from BC" and so on..

things look good from the other end. I agree with S1ngh. there is a big difference in knowing about the situation and being in a situation. since bush became president i been arrested couple times for being a Sikh. no way in hell i am voting for that guy. btw, why is everyone debating over iraq and stuff? that doesn't help america. US never went to punjab or kashmir or sri lanka. they just want oil. they don't care about human rights or establishing peace. i am looking at the bigger picture here i.e. which person would benefit america and me the most. i think kerry would. i've already seen bush. just because kerry supports pro choice on abortion does not mean i won't vote for him. i agree with him on this one. even if i didn't that does not change anything. all four bajjar kurehats are encouraged by america but that doesn't mean i should leave the country. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There you go... That sums up the whole Discussion Thread.. Always on the point ! Im outta here ! Cheers Guys..

Vote for Kerry & Edwards !!!

Don't Vote for Bu$h and Fat $$ Old VP Cheney !!

Adios ! :wub:

since bush became president i been arrested couple times for being a Sikh.
Again, how in the world is this Bush's fault? Its nice to scapegoat somebody without having any rational or logical basis in doing so, but that doesn't make it true or right.
they just want oil.

Its very easy to throw around that line "they just want oil", etc. etc. But there is no factual evidence supporting that. The only things supporting that thinking are baseless conspiracy theories.

Before claiming that Bush is a war profiteer who sent troops into harms way so he could become richer - Provide some form of evidence.

which person would benefit america and me the most. i think kerry would.
That's a reasonable position to take. Provide some reasons to back that up though.
all four bajjar kurehats are encouraged by america but that doesn't mean i should leave the country.

Abortion, which is essentially murder in the eyes of pro-lifers is far worse than Bujjer Kurahits.

Don't Vote for Bu$h and Fat $$ Old VP Cheney !!

That's it, resort back to name calling and insults. It makes your argument that much stronger.

all I can say is come live in CA then do the talking

I go to California all the time. For most of my life, I spent more than a month of every year in California. Most of my extended family lives in California. Most of them are hardcore Democrats.

Anyways, you're missing my point. I don't doubt the fact that you're discriminated against.

All I said was that the discrimination you face is not the fault of George W. Bush. It is the fault of the bigot that is discriminating against you.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, with all due respect, we Uk`ers do not have a high opinion of Americans. Only Americans could have voted for bush in the first place. He struggles to put a sentence together and makes Scooby Do look intelligent! :wub:

I have to say Bush and his banking friends Bin Laden Family have together commited world genocide, illegal wars, and made US almost bankrupt.

Seriously, I think Americans are confused. What are they voting for? Are you voting for a President or a Commander in Chief?

If you are voting for a President - then out of the two, it is easily Kerry. America needs to regain its credibility in the world, and at least Kerry can debate.

If you are voting for a Commander in Chief - then none of the above. Bush is incapable of deciding who his enemy is? he has no logic to his arguments and incapable of dealing with North Korea. kerry needs to be consistent on the Islamic Terrorism issue.

In balance, vote for kerry, make the world a safer place.

In response to Bijla Singh about being arrested:

I think in previous presidency terms, America was not attacked with their own jetlines using their own airspace and as a result destroying their own two buildings as well as the countless innocent Americans that passed away that Tuesday morning. As a result of this incident, a lot of hatred, prejudice, and etc. arose towards Islam/Muslims/Middle East as this is the area/religion/community where the terrorists were traced to. I am sure if someone you loved, admired, or highly respected died as a result of 9/11, you would be quite outraged. Whether you choose to admit it or not, to a foreigner it is very EASY to become confused between a Sikh and a Muslim. Security has been enforced and heightened for the best welfare of Americans. I am not sure why you have a problem with being "temporarily detained" for security purposes. Isn't it your duty as a citizen/resident of the United States to do what is best for the county, only then can you expect something good for your individual self.

" been arrested couple times for being a Sikh"

Did they accuse you of being a Sikh..and then arrested you?

The individual from UK mentioned:

at least Kerry can debate.

Well, debating, being outspoken can come to one naturally. Moreover, John Kerry was a lawyer so debating, being outspoken, more effective comes as a talent of his proffesion. However, by all means, that does not make Kerry a better leader over Bush. A lot of people talk the walk, and not walk the walk..

Oh yeah, on a side note:

Please DO Vote for Bu$h and Fat $$ Old VP Cheney !!

I am not born in Punja

b, never lived there for more than six years, yet Punjab is a big part of my life in general..Oh wait..I shouldn't talk about it ..since I am totally clueless as I've never lived there more than six years.