Animals Hunting In Front Of Your Eyes

Guest dunno

What are you talking about?? If it is not sacred why are you drinking it? Milk is always sacred from no matter what pasu it comes from. I never once brought up the Vedas/Hindutva, why are you so obsessed with the Vedas etc??? No where in Sikhi will you also find it stating that the Cow(or any animal that gives us milk) ISN'T our mother too. 'Hindutva Hindutva' are you guys obsessed with that, that's all you think about!

If you don't think of the cow as your mother become vegan then! Why take stuff from her even if you pay if you can't even give her that much respect?

Mentioning them once hardly makes me obsessed. You on the other hand are holding onto a false notion that Sikhs might consider the cow sacred and have not yet proven it with a single pangti from Gurbani. My point is that even Hindus of past including those mentioned in the Veds, did not revere the animal, it was only later with the advent of Buddhism/Jainism did this thinking change.

Back to the OPs message, I stand firm in the belief that we are not to meddle in the karams of the animal world and cut off the food supply of any animal, including carnivores.

Why are you even mentioning them when this convo has nothing to do with it? You don't think a mother's milk is sacred? It IS sacred! That is why they use it in Sri Gurdwaras to cleans floors. They wouldn't just use normal jal. Who cares what those Hindus revered! Me calling cows/other milk giving animals to humans has nothing to do with Hinduism. I would have said the same thing if Hinduism didn't exist.

As for karma, everything that happens is right! There is no such way to mess with karams. Everything is and will happen the way it should.

Still waiting for evidence.

At least we finally agree on Karma :biggrin2:

Why are you even mentioning them when this convo has nothing to do with it? You don't think a mother's milk is sacred? It IS sacred!

I still don't understand why milk is more sacred than any other beverage in your estimation. Why isn't Sunny Delight sacred too? I think I like Sunny Delight better than milk. Ought I to consider the Sunny Delight Beverage Corporation as sacred for blessing me with my favorite drink?

I just don't understand your reasoning.

Using milk to wash the floors in Gurdwara has more to do with its properties as a cleanser that any inherent holiness. That said, I've never seen this done at my Guru Ghar, they just use water.