Meat-Eaters! Read This Before You Take Another Bite

JagsawSingh

So finally is Guru Granth Sahib (pure sach) your Guru or are historical writings your Guru?

If you want Guru Sahib to be your saviour then don't make the mistake of disrespecting Gurbani by ignoring it and putting Gurbani lower then some historical writings.

I'm not saying that Gurbani is wrong, or that historical sources are greater than Gurbani, only that the tuks of Gurbani the user quoted were irrelevant to the issue of vegetarianism and my sources were not.

You ultra-vegan fanatics can't silence me by accusing me of slandering Gurbani when your wilful ignorance and disregard for historical FACT forces you into corners.

Guest Jacfsing2

Since this meat war began, I'll guess I'll end it with this: "ਕਾਮਿ ਕਰੋਧਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਸਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਲੋਭਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥ कामि करोधि मोहि वसि कीआ किरपन लोभि पिआरु ॥ Kām karoḏẖ mohi vas kī▫ā kirpan lobẖ pi▫ār. When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or a greedy miser in love with your wealth;

ਚਾਰੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਉਨਿ ਅਘ ਕੀਏ ਹੋਆ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੁ ॥ चारे किलविख उनि अघ कीए होआ असुर संघारु ॥ Cẖāre kilvikẖ un agẖ kī▫e ho▫ā asur sangẖār. if you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend

ਪੋਥੀ ਗੀਤ ਕਵਿਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਕਰਨਿ ਧਰਿਆ ॥ पोथी गीत कवित किछु कदे न करनि धरिआ ॥ Pothī gīṯ kaviṯ kicẖẖ kaḏe na karan ḏẖari▫ā. who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਮਖ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਤਰਿਆ ॥੪॥ चिति आवै ओसु पारब्रहमु ता निमख सिमरत तरिआ ॥४॥ Cẖiṯ āvai os pārbarahm ṯā nimakẖ simraṯ ṯari▫ā. ||4|| if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, and contemplate Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved. ||4||" Ang 70 11th Sikh Guru: Guru Granth Sahib.