Meat - Ok To Eat Due To Medical Reasons?

Guest guptprincess

Guest Jacfsing2

So, the institution of the Akal Takhat is awesome when it passes edicts that chime with your worldview (and tastes), but when it contradicts them, those massands are rotten to the core, lol? ;)

You got in trouble on a similar topic last time, so why not sit this one out? You're hardly impartial on the subject.

I'll be honest, because I'm not fully evolved in my spirituality I'm still confused; however, ever since I started to follow Gurbani more I've noticed that many things in the Maryada are contradictory to what Guru Sahib himself wants, (I'm only mentioning direct prohibitions to the Maryada). But the fact is Ranjit Singh was the last Jathedar in modern times to be chosen by the Panth. If the Akal Takht says something like smoking or drinking is required then it's stepping it's authority.

I think it is more to do with the prayers done over them myself.

Anyway, let's not go on about it. This forum has a policy on the subject: so I'm going to respect it.

But to iterate - people shouldn't be meddling in medical advice when someone is serious ill like they've been through medical school.

I think the OP has had a range of perspectives on the matter now and should make their personal decision.

Probably better to close the thread now before it denigrates into arguing over meat eating versus vegetarianism?

I agree,

As Sikhi is your main concern in this matter then I think it would be best if the meat you buy is free-range. And organic to avoid all the gandh. If lamb is gonna be part of your diet make sure you check where its come from as supermarket lamb from NZ is apparently Halal.

Oh and depending on what exactly is wrong health-wise ask your doctor/dietitian/nutritionist if eating liver would be of any benefit. Its seen as a desi cure at times 'jadon seth maari ho gai'

Guest doolaĺly

Funny how people are jumping in to justify eating meat all of a sudden cos its for medical reasons lol

Using the whole ppl shudnt meddle with medical advice as if theyve been to medical school doesnt wash.OP wouldnt be on a sikh forum if they wanted medical degree class responses...duh! If u wana eat meat then do what you have to but dnt try n justify it with ur nonsense

Guptprincess jee,

first of all sorry for your ill health issue; eating meat or not, or even being on a vegetarian diet, has nothing to do with taste, or liking it, or wanting it, or not.

It has to be something reasonable behind it.

You see, creation is made in such a way, that karam is unavoidable.

Saints advise us to stay on veg diet, because the weight increment of karamas on our heads, is lighter, than if we ate meat or other non veg stuff.

We have to balance our lives with Gurmat.

While paying off our destiny karma in this life, at the same time, collect the least karma, so that the paying off for it in the future does not become so big or so painful.

Moreover, while being here and paying our karmas here, as per Guramt, we have also to make the most profit in this priceless human life; which is to do His Bhajan bandagee that much, that we invoke His Grace on us, and wash the filth of our store karma.

Because, if we do not take chance of this priceless human birth, we are then no less than beasts or the rest of the creatures in the creation.

Sister, have full faith in Wahiguru and stick to it firmly.

You see, there are some things which we are out of our control, like birth / death, happiness / sorrow, health / illness. On these things we have no control.

Believe it, before we were even born, our number of breaths are counted, the very minute and palce we shall leave this earth is also perfectly timed, not a single second less, nor more.

So believe it, no doctor, nobody, can shorten your life, nor make it longer of a decimal of a second even.

So if everything is written, why not let the nature work out our destiny, and we without any doubts, rather do His devotion with so much intensity and longing for His darshan, that we take our surtee within and above the mental state, and get deeply absorbed in the Shabad Guru, which is the fountain of infinite and permanent bliss.

I am quite consciouss, that this is more difficult than said, but it is the only thing we can do for ourselves.

I am not saying give up, keep on trying, but do not compromise and try to jump over the principles of this creation.

I will definetely pray to Wahiguru to give you strength to face this your karma, not that He does not know about your condition, but definetely prayers are means to invoke His grace, prayers can move mountains, and this is what we can at most do, whether for others, or ourselves.

Sister Guptprincess Jee, may Wahiguru bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.