is there anything i could do?

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh!!

how u doing penji??

i think im a bit late to reply to this thread lol.. but a penji showed me this thread and said it reminded her of me... :D

i just wana say its wicked you have started covering your head and getting it to sikhi :@ proud of ya!

i havn't been brought up in to sikhi my parents are monai and they never taught me nothing about sikhi... but the thing is i got in to sikhi properly about a year ago... and mum and dad could not accept it as it was total difference in me.. but i think it was for the good that i changed :wub: i went to camp and came bk with a dastaar :doh: and my dad did not accept this at all he also told me to stop tying a dastaar and the mistake i did was liksten to him but it got me so down that parents couldn't accept me getting in to sikhi that i was gettin depressed and i put my foot down lol u knw what i mean hehe blush.gif and i just told them straight how i feel and it made my dad upset when i told him and fromt that day he has accepted me.. and what i learnt was that going it to sikhi you have to be strong as anything and remember gurujee is ther by your side every step of the way... sorry this was a long post hehe i jus wanted to say if i got through it then deffinatly any1 can cos my parents did not accept it at all in the fist place but are ok with it now.. so penji be strong!!

keep your faith in gurujee high!!

:TH:

serena kaur x

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh!!

Gurfateh Penji,

When I was a child, my mum used to teach me about Sikhi and my path to find Guru Sahib.

She told me that throughout life I will find two paths - one of the world, and one of Guru Sahib.

The path of the world will be full of wonderful things that only the world could offer me, painted in the colours of roses, I would never need to ask for anything as I would have so much. I would enjoy all the pleasures the world would have to offer me, and not give anyone else a second thought, so alluring would be that path that instead of walking on it, I would want to run on it. She also said the final destination would be worthless, as all I would have to take with me when I meet Guru Sahib would be an empty soul. All the pleasures I would have gained from the world would be materialistic, and I wouldn't be able to take them with me.

The path of Guru Sahib, however, would be foggy at times, I would be pushed from side to side. I would have the weight of the world trying to take me to it's side, and I would have to convince not only the world, but also myself that this path was right. She said I would be tested at all times, and my faith would be pushed to the limits, So difficult would be the path, that far from walk on it, I couldn't even imagine crawling on it. She also said, that the destination was supreme, the most wonderful place ever. I wouldn't want for anything, and wouldn't need for anything, for I would be within my Guru Sahib's godhi. She said Guru Sahib would rock me back and forth in their arms, and love me more than the world ever could.

If i chose the latter path and overcame the tests that were before me, I would

take with me my naam, not just an empty soul, but words of my Lord, my Akaal Purukh.

The reason I tell you this is because, you've been blessed by Guru Sahib for even wanting to wear a patka and keep your head covered. And what you're facing with your father is a test. Guru Sahib will push your faith to the limits - and the way to pass is to take him naam. Do an Ardaas that Guru Sahib blesses your father with the knowledge to understand the importance of your patka, and also for the strength to overcome the words you're facing. The power of the Ardaas is such that Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed faught with their head in their hands. Guru Sahib will bless you with such strength that you will overcome this test.

Guru Sahib has had such kirpa and mer on you, they will continue to do so Penji.

Just something I thought I would impart with you...

Keep it up. Waheguru ji will hold your hand every step of the way.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!