Does Anything Matter

Guest _

We came alone into the world and will leave alone. However when we start to carry the burden of all - children and family on ourselves and ourselves alone then the burden gets too heavy. You need to lighten up your load by listening to some kirtan, katha in your free time. This will bring your mind in a state of where you will know that you are not alone.

Slowly you will understand that the purpose of being sent to this earth is to do simran. When you start to say Waheguru as much as possible you will realise you are not alone. Your burden will be shared - and your load will get lighter and you will start to enjoy engaging in simran, path, seva and katha kirtan.

Loneliness is what you start to look for then. For the world seems to be a great distraction. Think of the saints who sat alone in bhagti in the forests - they were never alone.

God is always near you and around you and in you - listening to you all the time. Talk to him and tell him what you are thinking. It takes some time to get in touch with your own inner self so that you can develop that sort of state where your mind in some sort of bliss where it does not matter who is near you or not. You always have something or another to do. Listen to your shabad when you are alone. Put it on volume.

The best thing - if that does not seem to be working for you is to visit the guradwara and see if it helps to be amongst other people. Engaging in some sort of seva will allow you to interact with people as well.

When you feel teary its your souls way of telling you are separated from the light which has created you - you need to start to reconnect.

Listen to this video.

Do you know that we all have an opportunity to serve a higher purpose here.

During Guru Gobind Ji's times, alot of sikhs could have sat back and done nothing to stop the moghul empire from taking over.

But Sikhs including Mai Bhago, shaheeds like Baba Deep Singh Ji and others got up and actually Did something with their spirituality.

Keeping Truth and using it for ourselves only and material gain is what the Gods and Goddesses did. That's not the purpose of being blessed with the Truth and that leads to the ruin and demise of ones soul. Doing good for others, serving, teaching and living whilst serving Truth and a higher purpose takes one out of selfishness and into the realm of goodness.

I have personally experienced this. Yes we follow hukam, but listen to your true inner voice- the voice we share with God himself and serve your higher purpose without fear or doubt.

Only yesterday, I was blessed with guidance and assistance through a woman who spoke to me as though it was God himself speaking.

If you're asking if anything matters, in reality only Truth, the Seva of Truth and helping to bring about the Satyug matters at the moment- Living is important, Living Truthfully is of the utmost importance. Everything else is really life with its ups and downs.

we belong to no one and no one is ours

is this from gurbani ?

This statement is true.

Guruji tells us:

ਨਾ ਕੋਈ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਉ ਕਿਸੁ ਕੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਣੁ ਨ ਜਾਏ ॥

ना कोई मेरा हउ किसु केरा हरि बिनु रहणु न जाए ॥

Nā ko▫ī merā ha▫o kis kerā har bin rahaṇ na jā▫e.

No one belongs to me. To whom belong I? Without my Lord, I can live not.

SGGS Ang 1107

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

Bhagat Nam Dev ji says:

ਮਾਇ ਨ ਹੋਤੀ ਬਾਪੁ ਨ ਹੋਤਾ ਕਰਮੁ ਨ ਹੋਤੀ ਕਾਇਆ ॥

माइ न होती बापु न होता करमु न होती काइआ ॥

Mā▫e na hoṯī bāp na hoṯā karam na hoṯī kā▫i▫ā.

When there was no mother, no father, no deed and no human body;

ਹਮ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਤੇ ਤੁਮ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਤੇ ਕਵਨੁ ਕਹਾਂ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ ॥੧॥

हम नही होते तुम नही होते कवनु कहां ते आइआ ॥१॥

Ham nahī hoṯe ṯum nahī hoṯe kavan kahāʼn ṯe ā▫i▫ā. ||1||

When we were not and you were not, who was there then and whence did he, come?

ਰਾਮ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੇਰਾ ॥

राम कोइ न किस ही केरा ॥

Rām ko▫e na kis hī kerā.

My Lord, here one belongs to no one.

ਜੈਸੇ ਤਰਵਰਿ ਪੰਖਿ ਬਸੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

जैसे तरवरि पंखि बसेरा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Jaise ṯarvar pankẖ baserā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

We are here like the perching of a bird on a tree. Pause.

SGGS Ang 973

?? Dhan Bhagat Nam Dev ji

Guru Arjan Dev ji tells us;

ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

महला ५ ॥

Mėhlā 5. 5th Guru.

ਕਬੀਰਾ ਹਮਰਾ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਹਮ ਕਿਸ ਹੂ ਕੇ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

कबीरा हमरा को नही हम किस हू के नाहि ॥

Kabīrā hamrā ko nahī ham kis hū ke nāhi.

Kabir, no one is mine, nor belong I to any one.

ਜਿਨਿ ਇਹੁ ਰਚਨੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥੨੧੪॥

जिनि इहु रचनु रचाइआ तिस ही माहि समाहि ॥२१४॥

Jin ih racẖan racẖā▫i▫ā ṯis hī māhi samāhi. ||214||

He, who has created this creation; in Him am I merged.

SGGS Ang 1376

?? Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

Guru Tegh Bahadur ji says:

ਨਿਜ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖਿਓ ਜਗਤੁ ਮੈ ਕੋ ਕਾਹੂ ਕੋ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

निज करि देखिओ जगतु मै को काहू को नाहि ॥

Nij kar ḏekẖi▫o jagaṯ mai ko kāhū ko nāhi.

I have looked upon everyone as my own, however, I have observed that, in this world, no one is another's friend.

SGGS Ang 1429

?? Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur ji

We are reminded many times through Gurbani, that we are only here due to our karm and that nothing is ours, everything and everybody belongs to the Lord:

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ਘਰੁ ੧ ॥

सिरीरागु महला ३ घरु १ ॥

Sirīrāg mėhlā 3 gẖar 1.

Sri Rag, First Guru.

ਜਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੀ ਸਿਰਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕਾ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥

जिस ही की सिरकार है तिस ही का सभु कोइ ॥

Jis hī kī sirkār hai ṯis hī kā sabẖ ko▫e.

Every thing belongs to Him, who has authority over all.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਘਟਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

गुरमुखि कार कमावणी सचु घटि परगटु होइ ॥

Gurmukẖ kār kamāvṇī sacẖ gẖat pargat ho▫e.

The True -Lord manifests Himself in the heart of him, who does good deeds under Guru's guidance.

SGGS Ang 27

?? Dhan Guru Amar Das ji

We should always remember Guru Arjan Dev ji's words:

ਤਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਜਿੰਦੁ ॥੧॥

ਰਹਾਉ ॥ तनु धनु प्रभ का प्रभ की जिंदु ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Ŧan ḏẖan parabẖ kā parabẖ kī jinḏ. ||1|| rahā▫o.

My body and wealth belong to the Lord and so does belong my very life to the Lord. Pause.

SGGS Ang 866

?? Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

Everything belongs to Waheguru:

?? Waheguru

• 4 weeks later...

arghhhhh i feel like there is no point in living ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I wish that someone here could make you feel a bit more optimistic. It makes me sad to know that it is possibly within my power to do this if I only find the right thing to say, but paji, I don't know what else to tell you. The answers you've received here are rooted in the wisdom of our Guru, this is the guidance he offers us. I feel we could help you more capably if you told us what caused this despair.

Stay in Chardi Kala

arghhhhh i feel like there is no point in living ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ok jee,

good, there is no point living here....

But then, have you thought where you shall go, after here?

Have you any idea of that place, will it have anythig better than here, or you want to go away blindly, without any idea ..... or do you think, the place you go, you can live with your choices and wishes?

Anything done blindly, is like opening the door and inviting more and more disasters on oneself.

Now please do not tell me, anything is better than here, because that is not truth at all.

If you want to be happy, hold on firmly to the source of all happiness, which is undoubtedly Wahiguru Himself.

Then, go straight there where He is, having Him as goal, you will never feel disheartned, nor cheated, but on the contrary, you will feel His love, His protection, His warmth, you will never ever have any sensation of loneliness, because, then you will turn from a drop as soul, into, the infinite Satnam Samundar...

Dear Guest Jee _*_, next time you write any post, beware, none of us here want to listen any depressing nonsense from you, like the one quoted above, we are all with you, you have our affection and sympathy, just let yourself go .....

If not anything else, just repeat His Naam with love, regularly and punctually without fail, and HE will come and dwell within you, and that is more than enough....

Wah wah wah, Wahiguru Jee. Oouch Apaar Beant Soami.

Sat Sree Akal.