Different Caste

Guest Sirat

Guest Sirat

Hello,

I wanted to ask everyone what they would do in my situation. I am still young and marriage is a long time a way but at the moment I have a boyfriend who I can say that I love but he is of a different caste.

Neither of us are Amritdhari but we both bonded as best friends over Sikhi first. We had been talking for a while before we told each other our feelings. I know that if we make it to the marriage stage then I will face problems because my parents believe in the caste system even though they shouldn't.

I don't know what to think because I really like him and he is such a lovely person. If he was the right caste they wouldn't be able to fault him but this might just be the thing that they hate.

Any advice on how to go about telling parents in the future?

Guest Guest

Tell them that you could easily go and marry a white black or chinese sikh. That should shut them up.

Brown people can be racist, even to other brown people (castes) it's ridiculous. As a Sikh, it's your responsibility to stand up for Truth, and teach people what is right, no matter how much they may oppose you.

So what if they're your parents, a Real Sikh puts the Guru first and the Guru says that there is no Caste, and we are All his children. Tell your racist parents that.