Galli Yog Naa Hoyey

Guest Puzzled

Guest Puzzled

Sangat ji just want to know how many of you have similar feelings and routine like me, or its only me.

When i listen to any katha or jeevni of any mahapurkhs, i decided in my mind immediately that from now onwards, i will also do intense naam simran and will remember God all the time, i also started to make schedules in my mind about how many paaths and how much time i will do simran from now onwards,

And then i sit for Waheguru simran with full mood(thinking of not to stop simran for atleast 2,3 hrs minimum)

Soon after 15,20 mins, my legs started to sleep( and feels like my feet are heating up, nd back statred to have kind of stretch pain in it,)

I then started to move legs etc to get relaxed again but after 5,7 mins more it seems unable to continue sitting more,

Then i always thought if i cant sit, its simran so i can do it by laying on bed, once i lay down, what time i found myself sleeping, dnt knw.

Similarly sometimes i get up early morning like 2am and when sit for simran after shower etc, i felt sleepy and my legs dnt let me do simran in one stable pose.

Sometimes i sit with firm commitment that this time i will not getup without finishing 5 japji sahibs and i will do slowly and loudly

But when I finish just one japji sahib, about 15 mins, i started to feel hard for reciteing it loud

Nd I started to do slowly on lips

And when i about to finish the second japji sahib, sleepy and feet are heating from where it touch thighs,

I am very much interested to do simran bhagti but every time i end up with nothing but just little time, and it feels me very sad that i am young 26 , nd i am wasting time not able to do proper simran, then how will i do simran if gets old?

Today statred to do sukhmani sahib at 1pm, nd after 4 ashtpadia i felt very sleepy, the only problem that i feel is my sitting, i sit cross leg nd cant sit more than 20 mins

Or 30 maximum.

I read sangats replies on sikhsangat forum suggesting to try lotus pose, tried about many times but i cant even think of it, seems like i need to break my legs to sit in lotus pose.

I always wonder Guru sahib first gave me human life in a house where alcohol , hunting and meat etc are hobbies, dad used to teach me how to eat eggs and meat, told me that u should trim hairs as other kids cant win fight with u, i was 7 then, but slowly Guru ji gave me sangat of gurmukhs, became interested in sikhi and now there is nothing i want except for simran and sikhi.

I always pray guru ji u gave me good understanding of human life real aim, but i cant sit for longer time

Please bless me with sitting for many hours,

And u beleive sangat ji, every time i do ardas, i have confirm faith that this morning when i will sit for simran, i will sit for hours as guru ji have listened to my ardas,

But again i end up with 20 mins

Till now whatever i did ardas for Guru sahib fulfilled it, but for this i am trying hard now and no hope,

Nd people say that u can sit on chair, simran is acceptable in any pose but the reality is there is no satisfaction for doing simran sitting on chair, i need to sit in cross leg.

I was all india level athlete, have good athletic legs but dnt know what the hell is wrong with my sitting.

The purpose of posting here is that some of u who read this post, are very near to satguru ji, some of u are very chardikala waale gurmukhs for sure, some of u do a lot of simran for sure, I request u to please please do ardas to satguru ji that i can sit in stable pose for long time,

Please dont just forget to do ardas for me.

I will take amrit next year once i have a good nitnem and simran for 2,3 hrs

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

You maybe are trying too hard, to do it all at once. Why don't you try building up to the amount you wish to do, slowly and increasing by stages.

You are not the only one that experiences this. Every time I used to plan I'll do this or this amount, same thing happened.

It's not about doing this much or that much, it's about praying with devotion and love. You should also be comfortable, and not reciting Gurbani just to get it done. Just accept it as it happening, as your progress of your spiritual journey.

The experiences you are having are normal, especially if you are just starting simran. It takes time to build up, like a baby learns how to crawl and then walk. Waheguru will grace when the time is right, don't stress on it too much, but just stay in Hukam and accept what you can do and what you cannot at this time, and keep trying.

Past thread, with same questions:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/69890-feeling-sleepy-while-simran/

I remember reading a sakhi once, where some sevadars swapped places with a Mahapursh (I think, but can't remember), as they thought it was easy to do Bhagti. But they didn't get very far as they started to fall asleep or couldn't concentrate for long.

For some it's not as easy as one thinks.

I'll try to find the sakhi.

Guest Puzzled

Have you had your blood tests done? Are you deficient in anything?

I am a regular blood donor pene,

Canadian blood services draw blood only if its free from all virus nd deficiencies

My haemoglobin iwas 18.25 grams nd 17.5 grams , tested in last 4 mnths?

Puzzled bhaji/benji,

When one tries to make plans, especially towards Guru Sahib Ji, and if we say "I am going to do this" "I am going to do that" "I will make plans" "I will do 5 japji Sahibs" one is to fail, for sure.

We did not take Guru Ji with us when we made the plans. How can we succeed when we did not involve Guru Ji in our plans? Me made the plans without Him.

The way is to first do ardass to Guru Ji and humbly and with nimarta ask Guru Ji to assist us in our endeavours.

At the end of the day it is Guru Ji who is going to do everything so why not ask them in the first place?

When Daropadi was being disrobed in full court she pleaded with her husbands but none lifted their heads, she pleaded with the sages and rishis who were also sat in the court but none helped, she pleaded with the generals but none came forth. The clothes were removed and the last corner she bit on with her teeth in a vain attempt to keep her modesty , she still trusted her own wit. It was at this time she called out to Bhagwan Krishan Maharaj, no sooner had she done so that the cloth extended and became endless. It piled up higher and higher and Bhagwan Ji kept her modesty.

Bhagwan Ji said "Daropdi, even at the very end you tired to hold on to your clothes through your own efforts but to no avail, no sooner had you uttered my name I was there for you."

Guru Ji is there for you at all times we just need to make the call. With Guru Ji at your side you cannot fail, it may take time and effort but ultimately you cannot fail.