The Rainbow Body Phenomenon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Yeah that's the one. I've seen it in peoples houses in india, I used to think it was Baba Balak Nath, but then I found out its to do with Guru Nanak Dev jis sons. Do Sikhs believe in that sakhi ?  or is it sects that follow Baba Shri Chand ji ? I wonder if the animals in the painting are of importance? reminds of of Pir Bhudan shah    Thanks. 
    • This forum post talks about it. Has to do with energy during meditation.  https://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/17608-importance-of-tiger-skin-during-meditation/
    • There's a lot of homeless Punjabis/South Asians as well, especially in areas with a large South Asian population like Southall. There used to be homeless Punjabis sleeping under that big bridge near Southall. The Sikh channel helped them I think. Most of them were on drugs. They said when they go to the Gurdwara to eat the management would chase them out. If they asked the management if they can have a shower they would say no. So the Gurdware aren't very helpful!  But the Gurdware probably chased them out because they are on drugs. But its still wrong to chase them out. With all the doctors in our community, you would think some would take time out on weekends and give people advise at Gurdware, but they don't do that ...  We used to have some Punjabi lawyers come to our local Gurdwara to give people advise, but they weren't volunteering they were doing it for money. For a few weeks I volunteered with charity which fed homeless people in the highstreet. Majority of them are on drugs, its hard to imagine them assimilating into society, though its possible.  A lot of homeless people used to eat at our local Gurdwara, but some of them were very rude to the sangat doing sewa, so the sangat had to call the police!  I do feel sorry for these people, I always keep some pound coins in my pocket.     And then there's some fake homeless people who choose to beg because they make more money begging than they would in a normal 9-5 job!   Not far from where I live is a town Windsor, and people go there to beg and then they go  back home in a taxi!  lol!    
    • The person with the blue skin is Baba Sri Chand Ji and the baby was the son of Baba Lakhmi Das Ji, the second son of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. Here is the Sakhi from SikhWiki:    Preserving the Family Lineage "Babaji stretches his arm into the sky and brings baby Dharm Chand to earth to save Guru Nanak Dev ji’s lineage. While Babaji himself lived an ascetic life, he not only supported family life, he actually raised the baby Dharm Chand and arranged his marriage One day brother Lakhmi Chand ji had been hunting. Babaji told him it was a sin to kill innocent animals and that he would have to give account in God’s court. Hearing this Baba Lakhmi Chand took his entire household, even the dog, mounted his horse and rode toward Heaven. Baba Siri Chand ji realized that his brother’s baby Dharm Chand was the last descendent of Guru Nanak Dev ji. If the baby left too there would be no one to carry on Guru ji’s blood line. So Baba Siri Chand ji stretched out his arm into the sky, lifted the baby from his brother’s lap, brought him back and raised him as his own son" (SikhiWiki, 2012).   
    • http://sttm.co/s/5158/58423 ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮ ਕਹਨ ਮਹਿ ਭੇਦੁ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਬਿਚਾਰੁ ॥ Kabeer, it does make a difference, how you chant the Lord's Name, 'Raam'. This is something to consider. ਸੋਈ ਰਾਮੁ ਸਭੈ ਕਹਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਕਉਤਕਹਾਰ ॥੧੯੦॥ Everyone uses the same word for the son of Dasrath and the Wondrous Lord. ||190||

Important Information

Terms of Use