Stop the Brummies destorying our Heritage

Guest stopsingh3

Regarding bullet marks on Sri Harmandir Sahib, in my opinion at this point in time we shouldn't remove them as they are a reminder of what has happened to us and what is happening .... if you look back to news reports the goi and army say that not one shot wasn't fired at Sri Darbar Sahib, Sri Harmandir Sahib yet we have proof so this is our History, so it should be preserved for everyone to see and remember.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

THe bullet marks have already been removed - when the re-guilding was done by the NIshkam Sevak Jatha they replaced the panels and simultaneously removed the bullet goles. That is our entire point - that the Harimandir Sahib's layers upon layers of history - from the original 17th century plinth to the 18th century structre, then the 19th century plating by Ranjit Singh and finally the marks from the 20th century (1984 etc) - were removed (without thinkin) by the jatha in their zeal to reguild for 1999.

The impact has been that these layers of history have been wiped out and we are all the poorer for that.

That has nothing to do with slander, the fact that this debate always descends into this kind of asccusation just goes to show that the counter agrument is pretty weak

aman

in regards to the darbar sahib, has anyone here at all been to the top floor of darbar sahib? as you all know there are 3 floors, the main, the museum and where the worlds largest bir is.

as one goes up the stairs, there are bullets there. there are beautiful paintings going to the top floor, images of bhai mardana playing his rabab, guru nanak dev ji etc, i should know, i have been to the top floor and back. there was one image that had really moved me, it was when there was an image of some people, (cant remember who) and their faces had been blown off, and replaced in these beautiful paintings were these horrible bullet marks. ACTUAL PROOF THE INDIAN GOVERNMENT DID FIRE BULLETS, NOT JUST TH OUTSIDE BUT INSIDE AS WELL!!!

. there are still bullet marks on the inside of darbar sahib, and i have seen them myself. it was in 2000 when i went to darbar sahib and saw this for the first time.

perhaps someone here can go to darbar sahib and take the images.

gustaphi maaf

Guest stopsingh4
in regards to the darbar sahib, has anyone here at all been to the top floor of darbar sahib? as you all know there are 3 floors, the main, the museum and where the worlds largest bir is.

as one goes up the stairs, there are bullets there. there are beautiful paintings going to the top floor, images of bhai mardana playing his rabab, guru nanak dev ji etc, i should know, i have been to the top floor and back. there was one image that had really moved me, it was when there was an image of some people, (cant remember who) and their faces had been blown off, and replaced in these beautiful paintings were these horrible bullet marks. ACTUAL PROOF THE INDIAN GOVERNMENT DID FIRE BULLETS, NOT JUST TH OUTSIDE BUT INSIDE AS WELL!!!

. there are still bullet marks on the inside of darbar sahib, and i have seen them myself. it was in 2000 when i went to darbar sahib and saw this for the first time.

perhaps someone here can go to darbar sahib and take the images.

gustaphi maaf

Not allowed to take images unless you are using a camera for Alpha Punjabi.