Now I need help....so help me!

Simran9

• 2 weeks later...

When i read this link i though of this topic.

There are so many different media formats now that you need an arsenal of software just to keep up! Well, not any more.

If you are fed up with never having the right software for the job, get yourself along to videolan.org/vlc. The VLC player is a totally free, Open Source media player that works with any format, on any platform. That is it.

I am sure there are some of you reading this thinking, "it can't possibly work with everything!" But it does - on Macs and Linux - no additional codecs to install, even for DivX and Xvid.

To some of you those words will not mean much, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say, so download it and try it for yourself.

The download is quite fast, and there is no installation required, just unzip the contents of the download to a folder on your hard drive, then double click the .exe to launch the player.

It has not got as many bells and whistles as your other media players, but is definitely good to have as a backup when you come across a file they won't play.

I havent tried but the review is by BBC,

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/