Question

In gurbani it says we should sing "gun" or virtues of Vaheguru. How does Gurbani mean for us to do that. I mean it is not 100% clear to me as to how to do it. Is it in kirtan roop, in mool mantar, or Gurbani itself, because Gurbani is all virtues. Or , does mean focusing on virtues and qualities of God during simran.

For example,

if I do waheguru jap, then in I mind i think of all qualities and virtues of Vaheguru and feel it in heart and it makes this wonderful feeling but it is not exactly singing "gun" of waheguru. I am sorry if I might have confused. 

4 hours ago, DarshaPyasi1984 said:

In gurbani it says we should sing "gun" or virtues of Vaheguru. How does Gurbani mean for us to do that. I mean it is not 100% clear to me as to how to do it. Is it in kirtan roop, in mool mantar, or Gurbani itself, because Gurbani is all virtues. Or , does mean focusing on virtues and qualities of God during simran.

Yes, all of the above. Why are you making this more complicated than is?

4 hours ago, DarshaPyasi1984 said:

if I do waheguru jap, then in I mind i think of all qualities and virtues of Vaheguru and feel it in heart and it makes this wonderful feeling but it is not exactly singing "gun" of waheguru.

Yes, it is. Why are you overthinking this? It's like if someone were to ask "How do you chew food?" Every human on this earth knows how to eat.

You say that it says in Gurbani to sing the "gun" (qualities) of God. If you go to where it actually says to do that, Guru Sahib also tells you what to do:

Let's take page 735:

ਤੇਰੇ ਕਵਨ ਕਵਨ ਗੁਣ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਗਾਵਾ ਤੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨਾ ॥

Which, which of Your Glorious Virtues should I sing and recount, Lord? You are my Lord and Master, the treasure of excellence.

In the same Shabad, it says to make Naam your support:

ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਰ ਸੋਈ ॥

The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is my only support.

ਜਿਉ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਉ ਰਾਖੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਮੈ ਤੁਝ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

If it pleases You, please save me, O my Lord and Master; without You, I have no other at all. ||1||Pause||

And:

ਵਿਚੇ ਧਰਤੀ ਵਿਚੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਕਾਸਟ ਅਗਨਿ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥

Water is locked up in the earth, and fire is locked up in wood.

ਬਕਰੀ ਸਿੰਘੁ ਇਕਤੈ ਥਾਇ ਰਾਖੇ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਭ੍ਰਮੁ ਭਉ ਦੂਰਿ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੩॥

The sheep and the lions are kept in one place; O mortal, meditate on the Lord, and your doubts and fears shall be removed. ||3||

So, in the same shabad that it says to sing God's praises, Guru Sahib says to meditate on Naam.

Now, let's take page 1065. Here, the concept of singing God's praises and qualities is interspersed with telling you to japp naam and sing Gurbani.

ਹਰਿ ਚੇਤਹਿ ਤਿਨ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੈ ਜਾਉ ॥

I am a sacrifice to those who remember the Lord.

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਤਿਨ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਉ ॥

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, I unite in Union with the Lord.

ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਧੂਰਿ ਲਾਈ ਮੁਖਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਬਹਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇਦਾ ॥੨॥

I touch the dust of their feet to my face and forehead; sitting in the Society of the Saints, I sing His Glorious Praises. ||2||

You are being told to both meditate and sing Gurbani. "ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਬਹਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇਦਾ" What does that sound like? It's just sitting in Sangat singing Gurbani. Why's this complicated?

More:

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਾ ਜੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵਾ ॥

I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, as I am pleasing to the Lord God.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ॥

With the Lord's Name deep within my inner being, I am adorned with the Word of the Shabad.

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਡੀ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਸਾਚੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਇਦਾ ॥੩॥

The Word of the Guru's Bani is heard throughout the four corners of the world; through it, we merge in the True Name. ||3||

Again, Naam, Gurbani, and singing "gun" is interspersed.

Here, it says to priase God through "the Word":

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਦਾ ਸਾਲਾਹੇ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਚੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਦਾ ॥੮॥

You said above that japping Naam isn't really praising God, but here it says that it is.

ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਚੇਤੈ ਗੁਣੀ ਗਹੀਰੁ ॥

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, it contemplates the Lord, the ocean of virtue.

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਗੁਣ ਕਹਿ ਗੁਣੀ ਸਮਾਇਦਾ ॥੧੧॥

One who chants the Glorious Praises of the Lord night and day, and remains attuned to His Love, chants His Glorious Virtues, immersed in the Glorious Lord. ||11||

It says to remember the virtuous one through the Shabad.

One could go on, but you should get the point: Guru ji wants you to sing virtues of God through Gurbani and Naam.