A big problem of " poor Panjabis " going to Middle east for slave labour.

Gagan1995

A big story was going on this yr about thousands of Panjabis workers in Iraq stuck or getting kidnapped and killed by ISIS. The biggest thing I was surprised about was the NUMBERS of Panjabis who were in the middle east . We all know Pakistanis all love going to middle east to clean toilets of the desert donkeys with oil money, infact most of the south asians in Middle east are south asian muslims. I went to Dubai in Jan this yr [ my mom's sister lives there ]. Dubai has a huge indian community, it practically felt like little india. But this is about laborers from India who go to these places and suffer horribly. There was another story of a Panjabi Sikh women who went to Saudi Arabia and was inslaved. All of these stories have the same common theme, these dense indians always get bamboozled by the travel agents and are told there is a lot of work in these countries and a lot of money to be made, and without thinking they end going to the middle east only to have their passports taken away by the dirty arabs and become slaves. In Qatar , thousands of indian laborers have died since building infastructure over there. They're made to live in cramped filthy living spaces and generally are forced to work 15 hrs a day. So, is the work situation in India soo bad that these people would rather go the middle east and get enslaved.