Guest IKaur_London

Guest IKaur_London

WGK-WGF

I wanted know if Sikh guys are allowed to participate in the UFC and if there are any famous fighters. I think it'll be a good way to revive our warrior ancestry and good example to future generations?

The sullehs are always involved with martial arts/boxing and they are always promoting their religion in the world stage. If they can, why can't we do it.. is there any UFC laws to say Sikhs/religious observing people cant? Even that muzlim russian guy, kept saying allah this and allah that on the event press conference.

What you guys think?

Guest Anonymous

dude..... Just Do it...... Who do you need Allowance from ? XD

You can do anything you want to man, Stop looking for quotes from "Rehat-Maryadas" for doing anything man..... 

Guest MMA NERD

The Russian you're referring to is Khabib Nurmagamedov who just this Saturday dominated UFC's biggest ever star Conor McGregor, now 27-0. He's from Dagestan, Russia and is unapologetically Muslim, after every fight he kisses the ground like many Muslim footballers do and also uses Islamic terminology in front of his American audience. Back in late 2016 after he won and in his interview in front of the audience in the first ever UFC event in New York of all places he was using words like Inshallah, Alhamdulillah and even Allahu Akbar etc..

This past Friday at the ceremonial weigh ins in front of tens of thousands of Conor's Irish and American fans in the US, he said "First of all I want to say Alhamdulillah God give me everything, Alhamdulillah (said it louder, clearer and slower), I know you guys don't like this (referring to his Islamic phrases) Alhamdulillah, tomorrow night I'm gonna smash your boy guys". The following day that's exactly what happened. That's a video which now has over 4.5 million views. He has over 11million Instagram followers, he literally got over 4 million from this past weekend alone after his demolition job of Conor and repeatedly promotes Islam on his page with pictures of him going on Hajj, verses from the Quran etc... There's at least 7-8 Muslim fighters in the UFC.

There is a Sikh in the UFC, in the heavyweight division by the name of Arjan Bhullar, so far he's had 2 fights, walked out in a turban to bhangra music but in his second fight he lost embarrassingly via an omoplata choke, the second omoplate choke in the UFC's 25 year history!

isn't it difficult when you have long hair and beard - how they can be covered (to stop opening up of joora and dhari) during MMA and how to stop them getting dirty during combat?

• 2 weeks later...

If you have long hair, you can braid it so it doesn't come loose and inflict your vision.. further to this you can buy a skullcap which can keep your hair covered (it may come off from grabs or grappling on the ground, but it can help keep your hair clean for a while). 

In regards to the beard, you could braid that also (if it's long enough), if it's not that long then you could always try and tuck it in itself somehow.