DAANI PURUSH

S1ngh

cartoon5.jpg

How agonising it is to find people making donations at religious places for the sake of gaining fame and reputation. The essence of the donation is lost and it makes a mockery of the noble institutions of "Daan" and "Daswandh" which our Gurus started for the welfare of the community.

An old man on entering the gurudwara starts searching for something. On being asked, he says that he is searching for his name on the marble slabs, which was promised to him last year when he donated Rs 2100.

One wonders as to whether people go to Gurudwara's in search of their own name or the Name of God.

Those who lived in punjab know what this cartoon is about ..

Can someone please translate what it says in Punjabi?

Thanks.

Vaheguroooo Ji Ka Khalsaaaah, Vaheguroooo Ji Ka Fateeeh,

The boy is asking "Babaji wot are you looking for?" ohmy.gif

The old manmukh says "I am searching for my name on the marble slabs, which was promised to me last year when I donated Rs 2100." - As translated by S1ngh. :wub:

and it has names like Pardeep Ji Manies Ji, Baljeet Singh (Thogre), Lala Deepak San, etc on the floor. <_<

i know a singh ji who when he donates money to the gurdwaras like on baisakhi when they come around asking all the sangata to in the darbar...he just doesn't give a name...he'll just say dhan guru nanak....

that's one way of avoiding this name listing business.....

i only know this about the guy..cuz i sat near the guy and me being nosy...overheard