Sangat how to find

nav88

Waheguru ji ka khalsa , Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Sangat ji, I am going through tough times in my life and is turning towards Gurbani recently. I have been reading bani since childhood but not so much with interest.

I am not a gursikh as of now but my inclination towards become one is getting strong day by day.  Confident, I would reach there someday.

I am looking for fellow sangat in the same boat as me or have been in the same shoes at some point in there life, to share discuss and engage and even guide ourselves to the Guru Sahib's way.

I am located in Alberta Canada.

Any recommended ways that I could find sangat to support, help, prosper and become a true sikh?

Yes. Gurudwara is fantastic starting point. Not only katha and kirtan but more programs go on, like youth programs, katha in English in separate divan or room (a rare commodity these days).

Also katha on youtube. Sant Baba Takhur Singh I highly recommend. Listen to one segment of katha yer guaranteed to listen to more n more by him.

19 hours ago, nav88 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa , Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Sangat ji, I am going through tough times in my life and is turning towards Gurbani recently. I have been reading bani since childhood but not so much with interest.

I am not a gursikh as of now but my inclination towards become one is getting strong day by day.  Confident, I would reach there someday.

I am looking for fellow sangat in the same boat as me or have been in the same shoes at some point in there life, to share discuss and engage and even guide ourselves to the Guru Sahib's way.

I am located in Alberta Canada.

Any recommended ways that I could find sangat to support, help, prosper and become a true sikh?

U need to find good people, and good people are few and far between. 

You can find a Sikh donned out in amritshak clothes to the max, but it doesn’t mean they’re necessarily a good person. External appearances can be deceiving. 

Meet people and filter through rough the bad people until you find good souls. That’s my advice to you and my own advice to myself atm because this is really relevant to my own current situation. 

23 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Yes. Gurudwara is fantastic starting point. Not only katha and kirtan but more programs go on, like youth programs, katha in English in separate divan or room (a rare commodity these days).

Also katha on youtube. Sant Baba Takhur Singh I highly recommend. Listen to one segment of katha yer guaranteed to listen to more n more by him.

Thanks a lot. I will get the Katha first, thinking of visiting Gurudwara everyday. 

Hopefully wll run into Sangat more and more. 

Guest Guest Singh

There is alot of Sangat in both Calgary, Alberta and Edmonton, Alberta depending on where you live try going to Simran in the Gurdwaras in the morning.  Dasmesh Culture Centre in Calgary and Millwoods Gurdwara in Edmonton both have programs in the morning. 

9 hours ago, Guest Guest Singh said:

There is alot of Sangat in both Calgary, Alberta and Edmonton, Alberta depending on where you live try going to Simran in the Gurdwaras in the morning.  Dasmesh Culture Centre in Calgary and Millwoods Gurdwara in Edmonton both have programs in the morning. 

I am in Edmonton. I will be visiting gurudwara often and see which path it guides me. I am hoping I will find like minded sangat. 

Guest GuestSingh

have u also looked into any sikh camps that run in ur area?

from my experience u tend to find a few like minded ppl from all over the country in the same or similar situations to urself. so its an opportunity to find the gd sangat ur lookin for but also build ur sikh jeevan at the same time.

its also an opportunity to disconnect from the outside world, forget our problems n build a connection/love wiv maharaj.

u never no u might jus find or learn abt someone who inspires or shows u the way to guru ji.