Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nav88

Sangat how to find

Recommended Posts

Waheguru ji ka khalsa , Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Sangat ji, I am going through tough times in my life and is turning towards Gurbani recently. I have been reading bani since childhood but not so much with interest.

I am not a gursikh as of now but my inclination towards become one is getting strong day by day.  Confident, I would reach there someday.

I am looking for fellow sangat in the same boat as me or have been in the same shoes at some point in there life, to share discuss and engage and even guide ourselves to the Guru Sahib's way.

I am located in Alberta Canada.

Any recommended ways that I could find sangat to support, help, prosper and become a true sikh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Gurudwara is fantastic starting point. Not only katha and kirtan but more programs go on, like youth programs, katha in English in separate divan or room (a rare commodity these days).

Also katha on youtube. Sant Baba Takhur Singh I highly recommend. Listen to one segment of katha yer guaranteed to listen to more n more by him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sat
19 hours ago, nav88 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa , Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Sangat ji, I am going through tough times in my life and is turning towards Gurbani recently. I have been reading bani since childhood but not so much with interest.

I am not a gursikh as of now but my inclination towards become one is getting strong day by day.  Confident, I would reach there someday.

I am looking for fellow sangat in the same boat as me or have been in the same shoes at some point in there life, to share discuss and engage and even guide ourselves to the Guru Sahib's way.

I am located in Alberta Canada.

Any recommended ways that I could find sangat to support, help, prosper and become a true sikh?

 

U need to find good people, and good people are few and far between. 

 

You can find a Sikh donned out in amritshak clothes to the max, but it doesn’t mean they’re necessarily a good person. External appearances can be deceiving. 

 

Meet people and filter through rough the bad people until you find good souls. That’s my advice to you and my own advice to myself atm because this is really relevant to my own current situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Yes. Gurudwara is fantastic starting point. Not only katha and kirtan but more programs go on, like youth programs, katha in English in separate divan or room (a rare commodity these days).

Also katha on youtube. Sant Baba Takhur Singh I highly recommend. Listen to one segment of katha yer guaranteed to listen to more n more by him.

Thanks a lot. I will get the Katha first, thinking of visiting Gurudwara everyday. 

Hopefully wll run into Sangat more and more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Singh

There is alot of Sangat in both Calgary, Alberta and Edmonton, Alberta depending on where you live try going to Simran in the Gurdwaras in the morning.  Dasmesh Culture Centre in Calgary and Millwoods Gurdwara in Edmonton both have programs in the morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guest Guest Singh said:

There is alot of Sangat in both Calgary, Alberta and Edmonton, Alberta depending on where you live try going to Simran in the Gurdwaras in the morning.  Dasmesh Culture Centre in Calgary and Millwoods Gurdwara in Edmonton both have programs in the morning. 

I am in Edmonton. I will be visiting gurudwara often and see which path it guides me. I am hoping I will find like minded sangat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GuestSingh

have u also looked into any sikh camps that run in ur area?

from my experience u tend to find a few like minded ppl from all over the country in the same or similar situations to urself. so its an opportunity to find the gd sangat ur lookin for but also build ur sikh jeevan at the same time.

its also an opportunity to disconnect from the outside world, forget our problems n build a connection/love wiv maharaj.

u never no u might jus find or learn abt someone who inspires or shows u the way to guru ji.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • this is the mentality or lack of ... we are dealing with apology for the incessant swearing he does but it seems he does know how to speak, anyone who can read hindu can you translate the reply to the tweet about help of gurdwarey http://www.punjabspectrum.com/?p=22739&fbclid=IwAR2WuHIy_Wa9PVpFGZCCwC_ya_Wic_5u-Zy2IAMOGaP4dxpvQpLO9pVjfVI
    • There is no more unpredictability then there has been in the previous decades. There will always be unpredictability. 
    • I dunno i get a feeling that we entered a new decade of unpredictability in the world and anything is possible nothing should come as a shock. A bit like how 1900's stock market crash deep depression lead to ww1. We have alot of retail companies and financial businesses going bust, got this mad global virus thats no going away anytime soon. We almost had USA kick off with Iran earlier this year... now we got hindu/muslim thing in india and turkey vs syria/russia which could lead to alot of instability in the world.
    • I don't think they would want a civil war but since this CAA has come out there has been agitations (been happening for a few months). If Hindutva boys did nothing then the Muslims would be more emboldened.  By bringing out it into the open will mean the muslim agitators will have to think several times. They see India as a Hindu nation  (which it is) and where they feel that they should give fellow Hindus sanctuary.  How many times do you hear about how muslim's brotherhood,  how Islam comes first etc.  
    • modi spent the first year mouthing off to multiple nations bordering his own and nearly started conflicts on two borders , China and Pak , he had verbal diarrhoea . They are not concerned at all with hindu refugees unless they are Kashmiri Pandits, Ihave never seen them boasting as usual with pictures saying they've built anything, gave them a living allowance, place to stay, passport so I suspect it is all a ruse and excuse. They've never done anything for their country even during the struggle against the British in fact, they were in British pockets during early 2oth C. They are trying to reverse history and get revenge for it on muslims who couldn't afford or want to leave India. Civil war will leave them free to loot the country fully without let or hindrance. they are just thieves - so maybe true to their arabic definition
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use