WHY ONLY CHRISTMAS???

paul_84

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Today wen i look at the world in the month of december so happy celebrating christmas so happily...i wonder that how was christmas made wat is behind christmas and i do noe just like all of us that christmas is celebrated aftre the birth of the founder of Christianity, whos name is Jesus Christ ...and we all know that .. but after thinking on that i always wonder another thing and that is the thing that my this topic is based on and just liek all my other topics i am trying to base this topic also on the pressent time of our sikhs and i always wonder that if the founder of christianity's birthday is being celebrated WORLDWIDE by people all over the world and even by people who are not even christian just liek you and me then why cant we celebrate our founders birthdays just like that all over the world with great respect just liek the christians do why cant our guru'z birthdays be celebrated all over the world like christmas??? is it that our guru'z bdays also need sum new additions such as giving gifts or somthing?? is it becuz the population of sikhs is not as much yet?? or do we just dont want to do anything??

Well only reason that other religions celebrate christmas is becuz of the pat of the gifts in it or else they have no connections with it (believe it or not) so thats y that thot comes in my mind that does our guru'z birthday need an addition also?? but then i think that no just 2 get our guru's birthday celebrated all over the world we will not make people greedy and all..and then allot of people may say that we cannot make it go big becuz of the population of the sikhs is very

less..but if we look at it when christmas was started tehre were way less population of christians also...and im sorry if anything i said is offensive to anyone im always just giving in my views as i think is rite and i noe i am never rite but still i think i should display my thoughts''''''

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__/\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Paul 84 Ji, Sikhs celeberate the Guru Sahiban's birthdays all the time worldwide. Go into a Gurudwara at that day and something related to that date will be the theme of the Diwan. And Sikhs are honoring the Guru Sahib by the prescribed method: meditation and rememberance of the Almighty through Kirtan and Katha. True, the entire world is not celeberating with us...yet... :e:

just to add to what ms514 said,

the birthdays of our gurus are celebrated,

plus the way christmas is nowaday,

i don't jesus would be to pleased.

its all materialized, sure a dollar here and there for a poor person,

but in general its only for the rich to make them self feel good.

and it doesn't make sense to me to celebrate a prophets birthday by giving items to family and friends.

another question

why dont we celebrate the birth of jesus as sikhs?........we do recognize him as a prophet im sure of that........and a great one

is there any gurbani that comments on sri guru jesus ji...lol :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

well i do like ur name "singhaveli" ..lol.... but i really dont get ur reply...LOL...so can u plz put it in a bit more details and with every1 else replies i totallly agreee not all over we celebrate yet the birthday of our guru'z but ye we shouldnt be giving around gifts and saying we are celebrating our guru'z birthday instead we should be doing langar' and seva'z for the poor...andything offensive plz forgive ...gurfateh!!

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__/\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Singhavelli, what are you talking about

sure jesus might have done some good deeds as a person,

but remember he drank and eat meat,

and there nothing about him in sggs,

christians try making jesus look like hes good with every religion

plus the bibles been changed

lets not go and believe in every individual who claims to be a prophet,

just because nothing is said about him in sggs

if he was a prophet, he would have been clearly mentioned,

so as far as sikhi is conserned he was false.

sant ji said "i muslim should be a good muslim, a hindu should be a good hindu and a sikhi should be a great sikh"

i am not saying islam is a false religion, i said that in guru granth sahib it says mohammed, you be the judge of what that means.

Singhavelli, go talk to any and i mean any christian and they will tell you he ate meat and drank wine.

i don't know if he actually said he was "the one and only son of god (or a division of god)", but the whole christian religion is based around that,

and because we were talking about christmas, i felt that you needed to know.

islam believes in the prophet jesus.

and to answer your question, i believe other religions have some truth, but sggs is the truth.

therefore i don't believe every non-sikh is doomed, i believe they may be judged on a different scale with different standard, but i m not sure.

and Singhavelli you haven't provided any bases to your claim, all you keep doing is regecting everything i say.

the jesus you describle is that of islam.

christmas is not celebrated by muslims as you probably already know.

i m close to a hundred percent sure mohammed is mentioned.

and i suppose you could be right in that every religion has been corrpted.

in the bible i m pretty sure it talks about eating meat,

and do you know of the painting the last supper, what were they drinking.

in the end you can't mix jesus and sikh OFFICALLY, and thats why we don't celebrate christmas.

i guess your free to believe what you want.