inder kavach

Just now, Jonny101 said:

Is this in Sri Dasam Granth?

In the tatkara(index) of the puratan dasam granth bir at Patna Sahib, inder kavach is mentioned. So some people seeing the tatkara did parchar on social media that inder kavach is present in that puratan bir.

I had a talk with Gurwinder Singh nangli ji and he said that inder kavach in the puratan bir at Patna Sahib is actually devi ju ki ustat of chandi charitar 2.

So that bir doesn't contain the inder kavach I hv mentioned in my original post.

It's present in a puratan pothi though.

Inder did bad karam with gautam rishi's wife ahaliya and greatly regretted that.So he wrote a kavach for protection against bad thoughts so that he can live a clean life. This kavach is present in inder puraan.

Some scholars believe that Dasmesh Pita rewrote the inder kavach so that Sikhs can get protection from bad thoughts.

Guru Sahib also rewrote the Brahm kavach of Brahma into the mahaan bani of Brahm kavach Sikhs read today.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

In the tatkara(index) of the puratan dasam granth bir at Patna Sahib, inder kavach is mentioned. So some people seeing the tatkara did parchar on social media that inder kavach is present in that puratan bir.

I had a talk with Gurwinder Singh nangli ji and he said that inder kavach in the puratan bir at Patna Sahib is actually devi ju ki ustat of chandi charitar 2.

So that bir doesn't contain the inder kavach I hv mentioned in my original post.

It's present in a puratan pothi though.

Inder did bad karam with gautam rishi's wife ahaliya and greatly regretted that.So he wrote a kavach for protection against bad thoughts so that he can live a clean life. This kavach is present in inder puraan.

Some scholars believe that Dasmesh Pita rewrote the inder kavach so that Sikhs can get protection from bad thoughts.

Guru Sahib also rewrote the Brahm kavach of Brahma into the mahaan bani of Brahm kavach Sikhs read today.

Interesting. Didn't know about Inder Kavach. Devi ju ki Ustat of Chandi Charitar is a very powerful Bani to protect from thoughts that lead to Vikaars. It is the ਨਿਚੋੜ of Chandi Charitar.

Since many are in lockdown one should spend time exploring Bani. I've been studying Dasam Bani since the last few months. It is too good. It's unfortunate why this Mahan Granth of the Khalsa is being questioned. 

Even Sarbloh Granth should be read. It's Bani full of Bir Ras. Its about time the Buddha Dal should do a full proper translation of it.

7 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Even Sarbloh Granth should be read. It's Bani full of Bir Ras. Its about time the Buddha Dal should do a full proper translation of it.

full katha of Sarbloh Granth Ji 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Gl55ok2jC12S25_9SEPdg

Other than bir ras , Sarbloh Granth has one very very important role. For any successful raaj, one needs worldly prosperity and money and Sarbloh Granth Ji gives us that. On Diwali nihangs read the starting bani of sarbloh granth(called Sri Maya astotar) for worldly prosperity on top of spiritual prosperity. plz listen