Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, Anng but NEVER Page

Guest rsingh

Gurfathe,

I would like to bring to the attention of the Sangat and Webmasters and Organisations/Jathas, and individuals, and everyone,

We should not refer to Guroo Granth Sahib ji's Anng as pages as this is disrespectful, We should say Anng (limb).

Certain websites including SGPC, and Sikhnet as well as others need to review this situation and act upon this.

You wil see other web sites such as Waheguroo.com's daily Hukamnaama site refers to only says Anng even in English and I respect them ^_^ for using there brains, just a shame other sites couldnt do the same :wub: @

I would like to do a benti to any members of AKJ UK to please contact there web master and review the AKJ UK site.

In a particular section on there website they have made Reference to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji's Anng as a page. I would call upon AKJ to correct this or explain them selfs. I have emailed the site and awaite a response.

which appears on the final page of most Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Quote taken direct from AKJ UK web site.

VAheguru ji ka Khalsa VAheguru ji ki FAteh

Let's avoid using shornings as

"WJKK WJKF" and "SGGS" (instread of saying it completly with respect DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI) and so on as well, as it looses a lot of the respect and the purpose of the Fateh itself, so let's all say what unites us all together, out loud on the top of our throat :wub:

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH :@ :nihungsmile: :e:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rsingh

well is it just me who thinks this is wrong :T:

www.akj.org.uk didnt reply to my email, and nothings changed, maybe it is a little thing, but how can we stop others from saying these things when we cant stick to one thing our selves :|

rsingh, i dont think its a big as deal as you are making to be. sometimes people who dont know what anng means, or what anything means for that matter, come to these sites.

maybe you could suggest that both anng and page be written side by side, with one being brackets, so people who dont know, can know.

anng (page)

or

page (anng)

i think we should take into account the audience of these sites, some people are very new to sikhi, this might help them out.

just my two cents...i could be wrong

admin note: ang means body part

• 3 months later...

Sangat ji,

WaheGuroo ji Ka Khalsa

WaheGuroo ji Kee Fatehh

SikhiToTheMax.com was contacted at AmritNaam@SikhiTotheMax.com email requesting to address Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's ANNG as ANNG but not as PAGE or PANNAA when pointing to the location of the shabad on DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ...but they still refer ANNG as PANNA. They need to make change at their earliest as this is my request....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE :)

Sangat ji, lets not abandon our mission and work together as mistakes do happen cause we are human. Webmaster(s) are human too nothing against them but they need to make change as soon as they can.

Am not doing nindya as am just trying to be helpfull... pray.gif

Bahkash deo DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ as am a ignorant & paappi...

pray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473

Important Information

Terms of Use