Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, Anng but NEVER Page

Guest rsingh

Gurfathe,

I would like to bring to the attention of the Sangat and Webmasters and Organisations/Jathas, and individuals, and everyone,

We should not refer to Guroo Granth Sahib ji's Anng as pages as this is disrespectful, We should say Anng (limb).

Certain websites including SGPC, and Sikhnet as well as others need to review this situation and act upon this.

You wil see other web sites such as Waheguroo.com's daily Hukamnaama site refers to only says Anng even in English and I respect them ^_^ for using there brains, just a shame other sites couldnt do the same :wub: @

I would like to do a benti to any members of AKJ UK to please contact there web master and review the AKJ UK site.

In a particular section on there website they have made Reference to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji's Anng as a page. I would call upon AKJ to correct this or explain them selfs. I have emailed the site and awaite a response.

which appears on the final page of most Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Quote taken direct from AKJ UK web site.

VAheguru ji ka Khalsa VAheguru ji ki FAteh

Let's avoid using shornings as

"WJKK WJKF" and "SGGS" (instread of saying it completly with respect DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI) and so on as well, as it looses a lot of the respect and the purpose of the Fateh itself, so let's all say what unites us all together, out loud on the top of our throat :wub:

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH :@ :nihungsmile: :e:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rsingh

well is it just me who thinks this is wrong :T:

www.akj.org.uk didnt reply to my email, and nothings changed, maybe it is a little thing, but how can we stop others from saying these things when we cant stick to one thing our selves :|

rsingh, i dont think its a big as deal as you are making to be. sometimes people who dont know what anng means, or what anything means for that matter, come to these sites.

maybe you could suggest that both anng and page be written side by side, with one being brackets, so people who dont know, can know.

anng (page)

or

page (anng)

i think we should take into account the audience of these sites, some people are very new to sikhi, this might help them out.

just my two cents...i could be wrong

admin note: ang means body part

• 3 months later...

Sangat ji,

WaheGuroo ji Ka Khalsa

WaheGuroo ji Kee Fatehh

SikhiToTheMax.com was contacted at AmritNaam@SikhiTotheMax.com email requesting to address Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's ANNG as ANNG but not as PAGE or PANNAA when pointing to the location of the shabad on DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ...but they still refer ANNG as PANNA. They need to make change at their earliest as this is my request....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE :)

Sangat ji, lets not abandon our mission and work together as mistakes do happen cause we are human. Webmaster(s) are human too nothing against them but they need to make change as soon as they can.

Am not doing nindya as am just trying to be helpfull... pray.gif

Bahkash deo DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ as am a ignorant & paappi...

pray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use