Just Do It!

Gurpreet Singh

Amrit is the first step and rehat is our code of conduct and discipline like a sturdy container. Eveyone may stumble but We can rely on Guru ji only for advice when doing jhagara with our mann and get back up. He is jaani jaan. We cannot judge anyone. Sangat should only be for mutual support.

Well said!!.....I know being amritdhari and keeping ur kesh is hard...its so hard for a little time though.....i find that when i started growing my kesh....amritvela and paath fell into place...it became a number 1 priority....i know theres other things in life but guruji is above everything else....but when u carry the roop of guruji's sikh...its like u know what u have to do and u never wanna sway away from ur goal....it should make u more concrete....and somewhere in the post the veerji says that some singhs don't live up to that whats required of us (they are not mighty rulers when they show they are)...but all i can say to that...is those 'singhs' aren't fooling anyone...they are fooling themselves...in the end its those singhs who would realise the falseness they have been protrayin....don't look at others veerji...look at urself...u strive to become a tru gurmukh and with guru's blessings everythings possible...if the true guru's hands is on ur head....everything will fall into place......time is precious...don't waste it.......do what u came here to do......with ur knowledge ve

erji...it can be seen that u know what to do...but don't doubt urself....u can do it!!....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The saga continues...

You have nothing to be ashamed of Bhaji/Bhenji, you are probably miles ahead a lot of us...par thuhadai bhaag nahi hajai poorai khulai. Do u understand? Even when ppl take amrit, each abhilaakee experiences something different (some's dasam duaar even opens when they receive naam daan.:awesome   ) It's all to do with your pischlai karam and the rucchhi with which u go to the beloved Panj. I suggest you read 'Amrit ki hai' by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. It is a short tract from Bhai Sahib's autobiography (if u can read all of this, even better!), available in English and Panjabi (Jail Chitthia(n)).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Firstly, as I said before, it's your choice and I am not one to judge. However, I know many Gursikhs who have come from worse off backgrounds than you describe. Most of my own dad's family is moona! Where there is a will, there's a way. Trust me, not only have I seen it but have full bharosa in it. Our Guru is just too magnificent....(sorry, I can't even think o

f any words to do justice to Waheguru. see Jaap Sahib and Akaal Ustat Gurbani)

There is no such thing as 'perfect conditions'. Everyone's situation is different and we do not know of this. Gurpreet Singh forum member who recently had Amrit- case in point!

Gustaphi Maaf, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not make mere 'claims'; it is the pure TRUTH. Love it or

loathe it- that's ur choice.

To me it looks like maharaaj does want u to be a Gursikh! Honestly Bhaji, do u think it's urself who makes u sit and watch Gyaan da Sagar and Gurbani from Amritsar? No- gr8- u may do that udham but it's coz ur under the Almighty's hukam! Even me, typing away here; I certainly didn't feel that some of the phrases were from myself....I'm nothing gr8.

Akaal Usthatth

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Siree Raag on Pannaa 33

isrIrwgu mhlw 3 ]

sireeraag mehalaa 3 ||

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:

kWieAw swDY aurD qpu krY ivchu haumY n jwie ]

kaa(n)eiaa saadhhai ouradhh thap karai vichahu houmai n jaae ||

You may torment your body with extremes of self-discipline, practice intensive meditation and hang upside-down, but your ego will not be eliminated from within.

AiDAwqm krm jy kry nwmu n kb hI pwie ]

adhhiaatham karam jae karae naam n kab hee paae ||

You may perform religious rituals, and still never obtain the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

gur kY sbid jIvqu mrY hir nwmu vsY min Awie ]1]

gur kai sabadh jeevath marai har naam vasai man aae ||1||

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, remain dead while yet alive, and the Name of the Lord shall come to dwell within the mind. ||1||

suix mn myry Bju sqgur srxw ]

sun man maerae bhaj sathagur saranaa ||

Listen, O my mind: hurry to the Protection of the Guru's Sanctuary.

gur prswdI CutIAY ibKu Bvjlu sbid gur qrxw ]1] rhwau ]

gur parasaadhee shhutteeai bikh bhavajal sabadh gur tharanaa ||1|| rehaao ||

By Guru's Grace you shall be saved. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, you shall cross over the terrifying world-ocean of poison. ||1||Pause||

qRY gux sBw Dwqu hY dUjw Bwau ivkwru ]

thrai gun sabhaa dhhaath hai dhoojaa bhaao vikaar ||

Everything under the influence of the three qualities shall perish; the love of duality is corrupting.

pMifqu pVY bMDn moh bwDw nh bUJY ibiKAw ipAwir

]

pa(n)ddith parrai ba(n)dhhan moh baadhhaa neh boojhai bikhiaa piaar ||

The Pandits, the religious scholars, read the scriptures, but they are trapped in the bondage of emotional attachment. In love with evil, they do not understand.

sqguir imilAY iqRkutI CUtY cauQY pid mukiq duAwru ]2]

sathagur miliai thrikuttee shhoottai chouthhai padh mukath dhuaar ||2||

Meeting the Guru, the bondage of the three qualities is cut away, and in the fourth state, the Door of Liberation is attained. ||2||

gur qy mwrgu pweIAY cUkY mohu gubwru ]

gur thae maarag paaeeai chookai mohu gubaar ||

Through the Guru, the Path is found, and the darkness of emotional attachment is dispelled.

sbid mrY qw auDrY pwey moK duAwru ]

sabadh marai thaa oudhharai paaeae mokh dhuaar ||

If one dies through the Shabad, then salvation is obtained, and one finds the Door of Liberation.

gur prswdI imil rhY scu nwmu krqwru ]3]

gur parasaadhee mil rehai sach naam karathaar ||3||

e='color:080088'>By Guru's Grace, one remains blended with the True Name of the Creator. ||3||

iehu mnUAw Aiq sbl hY Cfy n ikqY aupwie ]

eihu manooaa ath sabal hai shhaddae n kithai oupaae ||

This mind is very powerful; we cannot escape it just by trying.

dUjY Bwie duKu lwiedw bhuqI dyie sjwie ]

dhoojai bhaae dhukh laaeidhaa bahuthee dhaee sajaae ||

In the love of duality, people suffer in pain, condemned to terrible punishment.

nwnk nwim lgy sy aubry haumY sbid gvwie ]4]18]51]

naanak naam lagae sae oubarae houmai sabadh gavaae ||4||18||51||

O Nanak, those who are attached to the Naam are saved; through the Shabad, their ego is banished. ||4||18||51||

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!