Amritdhari and relationships

sukhnidhaan

I guess I think if a bhai is maybe mature enough or old enough to have a relationship he should, you know 24-25, first get your education, job first out of the way. And then you know marriage isn't easy, I dont' believe in premarital sex or what not, but I say just get to know a person for a certain time, and then ask if they want to get married. Too many people get married, and find out that their husband drinks/or goes out... better to learn from the start than later.

Myself personally, arranged marriage is a lot easier, and a lot easier on your wallet :wub: haa..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nonono.gif Just because you are Amritdhari and in a relationship no one can classify that as wrong. If two people have feelings for eachother and want to be with eachother for the rest of their lives they can still follow what Guru Ji said and think of everyone as their brothers, sisters, mothers, or fathers. Since the person that they are in a relationship with IS going to be their future life partner, they are still following what Guru Ji said. "Dating" is different from "Relationships" so we cannot put them both together. Dating is when a person dates different people to "find the right person" which in my opinion is not Sikhi and I find Sikhs should stay away from. Being a "Relationship" is much different though, being in a relationship means you found that person you want to be with, and as some of you already mentioned, become one with God as husband and wife. I'm sure arranged marriages can be a good idea, but for some they would rather be with someone they know. The friendship thing, that two people are friends and they know eachother and then get married that's an excellent example. When two Sikhs are in a relationship they shouldn't do anything that Sikhi is against, (i.e.pre-maritial) and being amritdhari they are well aware that th

at is wrong so they will still have proper Rehat. I don't know why some are saying that it's against Rahet because then you are saying it is wrong for an Amritdhari to be married, you know what I mean? It doesn't make sense to argue about this. Yes you are right if you see Amritdharis who are "DATING" then you have a right to say that is wrong. However if two Amritdharis are in a relationship then I believe no one should have the right to tell them that they are wrong. Those two wouldn't be in a relationship if Guru Ji did not want them to be (Since everything is pre-determined before we are born). :TH:

I have to agree wit bhainjis response... ...

... ... Sleepy now gonna respond later to this .... hopefully ... tongue.gif

However if two Amritdharis are in a relationship then I believe no one should have the right to tell them that they are wrong. Those two wouldn't be in a relationship if Guru Ji did not want them to be (Since everything is pre-determined before we are born). 
So by your thinking, if an amritdhari eats meat or gets drunk....the u believe that no one should have the right to tell them they are wrong. And that they wouldnt eat meat or drink alcohol if Guru Ji did not want them to!!!!

SHOCKING! Its entirely your opinion but i dont agree with it one bit nonono.gif

bujjar kureights repersent the most SERIOUS paaps

fo example, the actual bujjar kureight is halal as stated in dasam granth sahib

but that dont mean u can go and chatka a bakaara for taste

same for dating

ure supposed to see everyone as URE SISTER and BROTHER

intresrnting how u can see ure sister and still date her??

and the see everyone as sister is stated in bani

bhula chuka maf

Wkd post k

halistani veer ji :TH: :TH:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Since the person that they are in a relationship with IS going to be their future life partner, they are still following what Guru Ji said.
WE can never be so conclusive...who knows whether we are even gonna take our next breath? Just live in the here and now, in Maharaaj's bhana, it is all His power, we are powerless and just His puppets...so relax and let go!
first get your education, job

At this stage, most of us should just be concentrating on occupying ourselves with this kirat kamai and Naami kamai. All the rest will fall in place when the time is right and meant to be...don't be distracted by it or let it be a hindrance on the 'straight and narrow', before it saps away all your energy!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

However if two Amritdharis are in a relationship then I believe no one should have the right to tell them that they are wrong. Those two wouldn't be in a relationship if Guru Ji did not want them to be (Since everything is pre-determined before we are born). 

So youre saying that we should not guide our brother's and sister's into the right path, the right path towards Guru ji !

We should advise them and this topic is doing just that!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I don't know why some are saying that it's against Rahet because then you are saying it is wrong for an Amritdhari to be married, you know what I mean? It doesn't make sense to argue about this.

:@ No sorry, I don't know what you 'mean'....but you're right in the next statement! :@

It's just becoming like :yehyehyeh: for me....don't know 'bouts the rest of ya?! :wub: :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

So by your thinking, if an amritdhari eats meat or gets drunk....the u believe that no one should have the right to tell them they are wrong. And that they wouldnt eat meat or drink alcohol if Guru Ji did not want them to!!!!

SHOCKING! Its entirely your opinion but i dont agree with it one bit nonono.gif

I didn't say that no1 should object is an Amritdhari eats meat or drinks. I don;t think that is what we are discussing are we? We're discussing "Relationships"! I said there is nothing wrong with two people being in a relationship. And for those who said you have to date in order to be in a relationship. That;s not true either. IF you'r

e friends with someone and that turns into a relationship and you had no control over that then it's not like you were dating the person.

I didn't say that no1 should object is an Amritdhari eats meat or drinks. I don;t think that is what we are discussing are we? We're discussing "Relationships"! I said there is nothing wrong with two people being in a relationship. And for those who said you have to date in order to be in a relationship. That;s not true either. IF you're friends with someone and that turns into a relationship and you had no control over that then it's not like you were dating the person.

Again my words as well... i agree wit u .... :TH: