Amazing khazana with Nihang Jatinder Singh

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's' what I'd assume. But the thought of someone having to carve that many stones to create an impress seems like a colossal task. Plus at that scale the chance of chipping the stone would be very high. I think wood cuts were used by the early colonial period though, but I think that was probably for smaller pothis and pictures. 

True, it seems to be a method of transcribing pothis and granths. Found a pathar chapa version of panth parkash:

image.png.4855bf9598aa7dd4ed6ac83e40982b4a.png

Also the version of Gian Ratanawali i posted in Sikhawareness some time back seems to have been produced in a similar manner:

image.png.454137bdf36ec618b151b86f4859d564.png

It's interesting to note that the characters are similar maybe different combinations of stone pieces made different words?

9 minutes ago, intrigued said:

True, it seems to be a method of transcribing pothis and granths. Found a pathar chapa version of panth parkash:

image.png.4855bf9598aa7dd4ed6ac83e40982b4a.png

Also the version of Gian Ratanawali i posted in Sikhawareness some time back seems to have been produced in a similar manner:

image.png.454137bdf36ec618b151b86f4859d564.png

It's interesting to note that the characters are similar maybe different combinations of stone pieces made different words?

Great finds. Still look possibly handwritten though? The Gyan Ratanawali manuscript is likely a post-annexation one - you can tell by the way the words are broken up. 

Any extra details on them? Ownership, location etc. 

For the panth parkash this is cover:

image.png.a06d4ee825dcfeca5b237b2eb5fe75a3.png

If I'm reading it correctly it is Giani Gian Singh Panth Parkash and was transcribed by Bhai Kaka Singh and possibly a Bhai Lalan Singh (need to work on reading larivaar so may be off)?

For Gian Ratanawali:

image.png.998b6b6ed75115233ca5648ccca698a2.png

It was written by Bhai Mani Singh and transcribed by Chraag Deen maybe? I don't know about that one...