Moment to Reflect

TarunSingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I met an individual over the weekend whose father was killed on Jan 1st 1985, as a part of the hate crimes against sikhs in India. He said he was 7 yrs old at the time, and it caused him to cut his hair and move to America. He is now a doctor, but said to me that he is trying to find himself, because somedays he looks like a hindu, others a muslim and others a sikh. Just to listen about how he was unable to experience anything with his father and being in his words "robbed of all this" (refering to family hugging and celebrating at a wedding) was just so moving. I don't want this post to cause more anger, but just as a story of the victims and how their memory still lives on 20 years later.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

It is stories like these that make support a Sikh state, although I'm not much of a khalistani.

To see a Sikh have to cut his hair is painfull and it makes my blood boil. Sure thousands of Sikh boys cut their hair everyday, willingly. But, when I see a true hearted Sikh being forced to cut his hair, I know we couldn't possibly be living in a free soceity.

I respect what you say in that you are not a khalistani. However, if you don't mind a little exercise and being challenged, kindly tell me what you do support rather than what you don't support.

Do you support the current lines in the sand drawn by the British? Those who say they are not khalistani, do the borders and current nations and constitutions initiated in 1947 before most of us were born just happen to magically line up with your mapastani preferences?

Of course i'm being a bit facetious and ask that you bear with me. i invite you or others to give it some thought if necessary and tell me how you came to support the radical as-it-is-astani movement.