Tapoban forum..

S1ngh

i gotta say... for me..sikhsangat's quality has gone down..and i think everyone pretty much knows this to be my opinion.... all we do here is argue and then "majority wins" is the prevalent method of resolution...

freankly, i also think s1ngh ji's post was jus like..finger on trigger, shoot without thinking...

robbiesingh makes some good points, and i think i believe most of it.. but i'm in no real position to tlak cz idon't visit sikhnet as much as others...

mehtab singh, the only thing is, different people need different outlooks (i couldn't think of the right word, but hopefuly ou know what i'm trying to say)... you may have been inspired by sikhsangat, but that's not to say that someone CAN'T be inspired by another site

"oh, they'll be inspired by 4 k's, non-stop sex, and OM OM OM"

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT..... it's easy to take one post, or one thread ...or... maybe even FIVE! out of hundreds upon thousands and say that "they are anti-panthic" and the same could be done here....

i don't think the comment of "those white sikhs don't know how punjabi sikhs felt" is utter bullcrap.... UTTER bullcrap... i don't know who gave anyone the right to blame other sikh's karmas as to when they were eneveloped by sikhi, or what trials or retributions they had to go through, but i guess i didn't read that gurbani tuk...

robbie singh..you make some good points, but you may hafta rethink a few parts of your posts... about maturity, for example... SS mods may have a COUPLE bad days (example, that whole erase a thread, bring it back..move the thread, move it back..close a threa

d, reopen it up), but generally they've pretty consistent in their moderating methods... i suppose it helps that they all generally share the same ideolgy (or so it would seem anyways), because that allows them to moderate on a consistent basis...

that is also a slgith downfall, that some posts (and yes, they do exist, but i can't run them off the top of my head right now) get deleted or edited msimply because they do not fit in with the way of thinking of the posting majority on this site... but as far as consistent moderation, you can't really say that SS isn't consisten..again..except for a couple days..

let's face it.. neither is perfect.... sikhnet, i think, is still valuable.... i agree with s1ngh about the keertan thing.. i hate that i hafta pay for it, but it's easy on one hand to go saying "gurbani's priceless" and then not have the will to actually pay for it... i know i don't pay, but whatever, that's their practises... they probably need alot of these "profits" to pay for their services as well... after all, look at the time and money that the matrimonials section probably takes (as per what the W!N sevadaars have told us... the reason right now that W!N doesn't have one is a lack of resources)... let's not jump to TOO many conclusions

one thing i gotta say is that Robbie Singh did hit the proverbial nail on its head by saying we should improve ourselves first before we start improving others.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all we do here is argue and then "majority wins" is the prevalent method of resolution...

I really hope you dont feel that way veer jee. If you have view points I have always been interested in hearing them, but I also do tend to have a big mouth.

I dont think we have really ever had any MAJOR dissagreements which have caused people to hate the site though? (except for nangs)

i don't konw what you guys are talking about...

SS moderators are the best...they are totally consistant....some sites let 8 page threads full of bashing panthic organizations and panthic individuals....but SS they have rules about this sort of stuff....

some sites will delete your posts and put you on moderation for trying to bring something to the attention of the mods.....but SS they have rules about this stuff

There's always two side; agree or disagree. So our request is that if you feel that sikhsangat is bias or not good enough for you and you have lots of disagreement with its management then we suggest you to help us improve rather than publicly thrashing the forum.

Your posts do not go through the moderation process before it appears and its natural that some stupid posts/replies goes undetected by the mods and admins. We try our best to have good flow of discussions and maintain PG13 level of replies.

So our request to everyone is maaf kardo sanu and help the situation improve rather than making it worse. E-mail us and help us so that we can continue to serve the panth. ^_^

Daas

Original Sewadar

Topic Closed