Tapoban forum..

S1ngh

In past some of my posts never get approved on tapoban forum, i thought maybe my posts/replies were lame but anyway few days ago, i got a sewa to spread the word out about sikhnet youth forum, so i thought i should try again and then i posted the thread related to sikhnet youth forum and guess what it never showed up then again on Jan 7th i tried again, requesting to put it up but GULP Nothing.. but SAME post (copy and paste) was approved and up on Gursikhijeevan.com http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/community/ph...1&i=7754&t=7754 (providing link just to see nothing wrong with the post)

Anyway.. not complaining but i think strict moderation is kinda not okay.. it discourage the youth's to have high self esteem (particularly if he/she is on the quest to find about sikhe).. just my thoughts.. :wub:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're definately right.

at the same time... there are sikh forums tha are too easy going....there are forums that let 8 page threads full of nindiya of panthic groups...nindiya that is totally unsubstantiated...don't you think that would discourage youth from participating??

Pls be direct and i know You are pointing to sikhsangat.com and i also know what you mean and i agree with you. I have more than odd 3000+ post here at this forum and i barely participate in threads which deals with jathabandis and so on. Youth of today are certainly not interested in the politics of jathabandis. 95% of Sikh community do not know anything about the jathas and so on.. 98% of sikh youth never heard of jathas (just like me couple of years ago). I think forums like this and others should be dealing with majority instead of focusing on matter which effects the smaller number of group.

How can we help?

Just don't read the post, just don't make our bp go high by reading replies from unknown member whom we don't even know who he/she is. To tell you the truth, I only choose to reply/interact with the person whom i know (whether it's the PM or Thread). For ex: if "ABCJathedar" id posted "IS sant jee alive or not ?" Instead of writing and sharing my views i would just ignore that thread and move on. I would love to share few jokes rather than discussing topics like the above which has no end. Basic understanding and patience is required to have good flow of discussions. Mods/admins can't do everything, there's always a limit ! Its upto us to make changes not others.

My few cents :wub:

pls note, im in no way dissing tapoban, but just thought to letting sangat know that it's not only you.. so don't leave the heart smile.gif this thread is only posted with good intentions..

vicky singh, I think that they just want to stay away from dissing other sites. like I know of some people who tried to post agianst akj.org or gursikhijeevan or other sites and they dont allow it. They dont like to attack people too much unless its clearly anti panthic. I am sure though if you email them they will reply to you and if you explain what you are trying to do, they will probably let it through.

I like tapoban coz they have some wicked stories. :wub:

I think mods need to be strict. Otherwise you get pages of silly comments. (no reflection on this site) :@

I think tapoban is a more older youth site, and sikh sangat is more run of the mill youth. Both are good, and both groups need to be catered for.

I have read messages from admin at tapoban. they have clearly said they do not approve anything anti-Gurmat, anti akj, anti- damdami taksal, and no links to programmes.

I guess they just want a purely serious debate forum. :T:

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ke fateh

The Tapoban is an AWESOME site, soo inspiring. I along with many others think its not strict at all! Hmm, one shouldnt really complain if its strict, maybe if it was laid back then I can understand but not strict!

way to go tapoban site! :wub: