Fighting For Faith and Nation (Book)

Wahegurooo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahegurooo Ji Ka Fateeeeh!

I have had this book for a while, I have read the first chapters or so, it is an excellent read, an eye opener and it does bring tears to my eyes regards to the tortures and attrocities expressed within the book towards the Gursikhs back home in the Panjab (not india).

Amazon are selling it for £36 Hardback (recommended) or £13

Play.com selling it for £12.99 free delivery.

heres some reviews left on amazon.co.uk:

"This is the only book I have read on atrocities against the Sikhs in the late 70's and through the 80's that is written by a non-Sikh and a non-Indian for that matter. It is truly remarkable due to the author’s style of investigating and writing, once I started the book I really couldn’t put it down. I have read many books on Sikhs and Sikhism there was much new information in this book that alone warrants a read.

Although the book does focus primarily on atrocities against the Sikhs it does to a limited extent tackle the issue from the other side. Some parts of the book are very deep and I found very emotional, its a must read for all young Sikhs living in the west today who may have not really grasped what has been going on in India for the last 25 years or so. Cynthia Mahmood has done a great job writing about a very difficult and controversial subject through the eyes of a anthropologist who has tried to be neutral in but at time cannot help see the plight of Sikhs in Punjab" - joshsingh

"An excellent book written by a non-sikh, non-indian and non-bias person. This book gives us a true insight into what really happened in 1984. This book tells us about most of the t

hings the world did not know when so many innocent sikhs were bring killed all across india back in 1984. 1984 will never be forgotten and the scars will never fade. This book has an in depth explination of before 1984, the leading up of 1984, the aftermath of 1984 and now. this book also gives a brief but sound knowledge of Sikhi and a glossary is included. This book is not just for sikhs but in my opionion, every Sikh ought to read this book, especially those who are unaware of what did happen in 1984.

Wahe Guru Jee Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Jee Ki Fathe "

"In order to understand the political strains of racism in India you need to read this. The amazing way no Westeners really remember or knew about this Genocide and the way the Indians attempt to brush it under the carpet is still apparent. If you wish to gain an understanding about the Sikhs you MUST buy this book! If you are SIKH you really need to read this to deepen your resolve. One of the best books I have ever read!" - vicsandhu

"loved this book. It was very powerful. This book had a very unbyast opinion. I hope you read it. It has changed my thoughts on the Sikh problems."- Neenah

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

yeah i read the book! definately a good read! nice to read the opinions from a non bias person! she also realsed a new book! don't know the title! its about the 84 movement! best book to read definately gallent defender!

The Gallant Defender is a must read for everyone who wants to know the real story behind Sant Bhindranwale.