whats happening?

Ksinghni

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nirbhau, just to make it clear can you explain the difference between telling someone what they are doing is wrong...and confronting them about what they are doing....im sorry im too stupid to see the difference......

As per your logic.....katha done in india results in loads of antigurmat things...

Talking about punjab every village has 3-4 Gurdware sahib. Every evening there is katha.

The effect is that now every village in punjab has atleast 5-6 theke (liqour vends) and numerous bhuki centers (cannabis vendors).

Preachers are preaching and the effect is for you to watch and decide whether sikhi is about preaching.

So....looking at your thinking the more katha thats done...the more antigurmat things ppl do....WOW...amazing..... rolleyes.gif

you follow winston churchill and we follow our guroo sahib

go easy on singhni.....how does qouting what a person said..mean you follow them???

Its like above I qouted what you said....doesnt mean I follow you!!!

I talked about preaching and never meant that katha RESULTS in anti-gurmat things

I have modified the post and taken out (the effect is)

Preaching is not stopping the ill things which are going on in the society

and the difference in telling and confronting is the way you put it across. for more info please feel free to consult a dictionary

and the difference in telling and confronting is the way you put it across. for more info please feel free to consult a dictionary
telling means
To give a detailed account of; narrate: tell what happened; told us a story.

To communicate by speech or writing; express with words: tell the truth; tell one's love.

To make known; reveal: tell a secret; tell fortunes.

To notify; inform.

To inform positively; assure: I tell you, the plan will work.

To give instructions to; direct: told the customers to wait in line.

To discover by observation; discern: could tell that he was upset.

To name or number one by one; count: telling one's blessings; 16 windows, all told.

confronting means

To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility: I wish to confront my accuser in a court of law.

To bring face to face with: The defendant was confronted with incontrovertible evidence of guilt.

To come up against; encounter: confronted dan

ger at every turn.

Seem pretty much the same to me...infact if you look in a thesaurus....and look up confront....one of Synonyms is tell..... LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif :TH: :TH: :TH:

NOW PLZ GET BACK TO THE TOPIC....IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS ENGLISH...THERE ARE MANY OTHER FORUMS WHICH YOU CAN GO TO blush.gif

Dont mean to be funny, but i think all this issue to do with bibian bleaching waxing etc is an issue that they need to deal with themselves internally.

Not sure how a woman would take a man telling her that she shouldnt bleach her face etc, would be much better coming from a woman. I know katha vachaks like baba jagjeet singh harkowal have blatantly cussed women who do this on stage, but on a one to one thing the girls need to do it.

The only ways girls can deal with this is if the elder ladies set the standard, be the role model and do sangat with the youngsters. If you never spend any time with them, the only people they will speak to are kids their own age most of whom will believe this is fine.

If guys feel the need to say things then be subtle, dnt charge into it, its easy enough to bring kesh into a discussion about other sikhi things... the good old i knew someone who had this problem etc etc. simply putting people on the spot wont always help, even if wat u are saying is correct their anger or them being embarassed or upset might make them just reject everything u said just bcause YOU said it.

Ok with some people you have to go hard, but in general take it easy, these people generaly know wat they doing is incorrect deep down, u just have to draw it out slowly.

Dnt forget these kids do more sangat with tv which influenes the way they think they should look, rather than gurmukhs like yourselves.

Last comment, sorry sisters but you are you own worst enemies.

Iv heard young girls get so upset because other girls been making fun of their hair, or not speaking to them because they wear a patka as oppossed to a dastar, or simply because they d

o not belong in their 'gang' jatha whatever.

I know Singhs argue all the time too, but not like this. Worst comes to worst we'll have a punch up, but with girls it gets vicous, leaving people out, not speaking to them gossiping in front of them etc, all leads to really low self esteem.

If bibian actually did sangat with each other the way singhs do, youd find it easier to resolve these issues.

Im sorry the above is just what iv seen, my experiences may be biased! If so i do apologise.

PS if you ever hear of an amrithdhari singh bleaching his facial hair.... SLAP HIM!! :wub: